Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Line Assembly Lube

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Red Line Assembly Lube

Everyone's favorite topic. Don't feel compelled to comment that everything works just use it etc. I want a light grease that isn't $10 an ounce, and several people here are using this one. Is anyone else? Any reason not to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    I like to use Red Line Oil's assembly lube grease on something that is going to sit a while. It is a very light grease and works great on all kinds of things.

The nice thing about using it is that you can put on as much as you want and not come back down the road and not find oil all over the rifle from the charging handle on down.
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    I use Redline Racing's assembly lube on mine.

When I had the stock trigger it kind of sucked. I took it out, cleaned everything up, and lubed it with the Redline and it was a shite load better.

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    EDIT: Anecdotal note......I just tried some RedLine Synthetic Red Assembly lube (which is barely a grease, must be like a NLGI .5) as a lube on the rails of my wife's BC and DAMN. It is ultra slick and very light weight. Just ridiculous. Night and day improvement over FireClean with just a tiny smear (so light you can't even see that it's there)....and that is saying something since FC is the slickest liquid lube I have yet used. $7.95 shipped if you're a Prime member. Just stupid slick.
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    However, I have found that using good moly grease or the new Redline synthetic assembly lube (4 oz grease tub) has greatly slowed cam pin wear in my LMT enhanced carrier using an NiB cam pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino11 View Post
    The best lube I have found is synthetic Redline engine assembly lube. It is a lot like Cherry Balmz and is designed to stay put, protect under harsh conditions, does not burn off, Flash point of 450*, has a ton of Molybidum in it. If it is good enough to build $100,000 race engines and protect them on initial startup under some extremely high pressures, friction, and temperature, I figured it would work well in my firearms. I have been using it for a few years now and is my go to lube for any part of a gun that slides. If it pivots it get a drop or two of Mobile1 oil.

https://www.summitracing.com/oh/parts/red-80312

Attachment 62547

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrider View Post
    Redline assembly lube on the cam pin and BCG, and just about anything everywhere else.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yeah, I use it, where I think its appropriate. Mostly on sears/striker, trigger contact points and pistol rails. Reason I don't use it on bolt and bolt carrier is because those can get really dirty and prefer a liquid that can suspend the dirt. Redline is great as a heavier than oil lube, very slick, good for high load areas, but oil still has a place where dirt is likely to collect, in my opinion. Agree w Dino11's assessment.

Mark

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Did you seriously start a thread by quoting posts from other threads? Thats pretty next level.

Andy

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yes, yes I did. Preempting the comments "use the search function" and "why would you use that, get a gun lube."

Feedback Score
    Last guy i met who used assembly lube on his ar, used red loctite on his receiver extension which got into his buffer retainer. Just stick to proven products on the maybe 5 areas of the gun and lube the bcg with good oil. Your over thinking this shit, its 90% aluminum and most parts arent going to rust in storage unless you stick it in the wood shed in florida during the summer.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like you have satisfactorily answered the question with the quotes. Lucas makes better products.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post
    Last guy i met who used assembly lube on his ar, used red loctite on his receiver extension which got into his buffer retainer. Just stick to proven products on the maybe 5 areas of the gun and lube the bcg with good oil. Your over thinking this shit, its 90% aluminum and most parts arent going to rust in storage unless you stick it in the wood shed in florida during the summer.
    That anecdote proves nothing. What makes boutique gun grease worth $10/ounce or more? Why are you talking about rust?

Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Looks like you have satisfactorily answered the question with the quotes. Lucas makes better products.
    Four (now five) users isn't the largest sample. Anything wrong with seeking additional experience? Why the eye roll?

Feedback Score
    Light grease? Then you have to turn to Molykote products. Stay within the synthetic stuff. Forget about everything else.

https://www.dupont.com/resource-cent...t:type/greases

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW, I use SLIP 2000 grease and EWL 30 mixed with a little bit of Tetra grease and oil as my assembly lube and general lube, and it has worked extremely well. With the added benefit of dramatically reduced wear and really slick function. And it really lasts. I've converted all my shooting buddies over the past several years too.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't care to buy three or four different lubes and start mixing. I would prefer a simpler solution that gives 90% performance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast