Thread: Which 1911

Feedback Score

Which 1911

Hey,

New guy here, Im looking at buying my first 1911 and have narrowed it down to 3 that I like. The Springfield Loaded in Stainless, Kimber CustomII Stainless TLE, or the Colt Series 70 in stainless. I am open to other options as well so, what else would you guys recommend? Looking to spend around 1200 or under. Kinda new to 1911s and I have been reading a lot about them the past 2 weeks, nevertheless, I would appreciate an outside opinion. Thanks in advance!

ToddG Guest

Feedback Score
    Many thanks, everything I needed to know. Springfield it is

Feedback Score
    I've had one Kimber and four Springfield Armory 1911's. All of them were excellent but I prefer the Springfield's over all other non-custom jobs. I'd really like a Wilson Combat but aside from those Springfield is my 1911 brand of choice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I agree with Todd, lots of good 1911 data on this forum.

That being said, I love my Springfield Loaded...

Feedback Score
    Yea, I was looking at the loaded but now, after lurking around here a bit more, Im kinda thinking operator

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you're going to go with the Operator, you may as well go for the TRP. I have an Operator and love it, so no problem there. But it'll only be an extra $150 or so, street price, for the TRP. And yet it has a significant amount of extra "hand-fitting" down to it, compared with an Operator. The extra cost is EASILY worth it in terms of the extra reliability and performance you get.

Here's a price on Gunbroker for a TRP at $1259:

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=117223890

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    If you're going to go with the Operator, you may as well go for the TRP. .......... But it'll only be an extra $150 or so, street price, for the TRP. And yet it has a significant amount of extra "hand-fitting" down to it, compared with an Operator. The extra cost is EASILY worth it in terms of the extra reliability and performance you get.
    +1
    i shot quite a few 1911's before going w a "loaded". there is alot of value in the loaded relative to similar 1911s in the same price range. while i dont own a TRP, i have shot it a few times. its fit/finish/trigger/slide fit are nicer. im not a 1911 expert but what you get vs what you pay for is far greater in the TRP, plus if you shop around you will find one in your budget