Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
Is that true of all GP100s, or only the Super GP100, which mentions that in the product description? Is the difference between the two spring and one spring triggers overhyped, or is it a major consideration with Rugers? I had a Redhawk, but never tried any trigger tuning. Next time around, I might, so I’m trying to think about that in advance. Smooth is more important than light for me.

You guys that like the Kimber revolvers.... do you like the 4” models, also? Any QC concerns? Anyone here see a bad example?

OP, the 340PDs I’ve shot worked well, and would meet your criteria, I think. That PC 8 shot .357 someone posted is really nice, also, but it is a bit stubby for .357. It is loud and snappy, although the grips seem to do their job with that better than expected. I used to borrow a buddy’s for hiking before I had a Redhawk (which is pretty much the opposite). Don’t you already have a LCR, though?
All GP100's use the two-spring setup. There's nothing wrong with the standard Redhawk design, but there is noticeable stacking in the trigger pull compared to the Super (at least to me).