Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite 6-shot .38 / .357 snub?

Feedback Score

Favorite 6-shot .38 / .357 snub?

Would like to have one.

No more than 25 oz unloaded. Need excellent trigger. Prefer 2.5 to 3 inch barrel.

Used revolvers are a real dice roll. What's new?
    Last edited by Ron3; 06-23-21 at 07:22.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Not sure of the weight offhand, but s&w l-frames are quite nice with excellent triggers. They can be had in seven-shot variety as well in the same size package. They definitely made 2.5” versions.

Ruger may make their GP-100 in a snub barrel length, not sure, but the triggers are very nice (same lockwork as the super redhawk).

Of course, if money were no issue, a Registered Magnum, Python, Manurhin, or Korth should be considered.
    Last edited by gunnerblue; 06-22-21 at 17:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Not sure of the weight offhand, but s&w l-frames are quite nice with excellent triggers. They can be had in seven-shot variety as well in the same size package. They definitely made 2.5” versions.

Ruger may make their GP-100 in a snub barrel length, not sure, but the triggers are very nice (same lockwork as the super redhawk).

Of course, if money were no issue, a Registered Magnum, Python, Manurhin, or Korth should be considered.
    Some of those are too heavy. 25 oz unloaded max for me.

I reload now so I can make light recoiling practice ammo.

Feedback Score
    Colt Detective Special is my favorite 6 shot .38.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Kimber. I am a SW fan. But I must give credit where its due. Excellent trigger, sites are better than anything I've seen on a Smith & Wesson. No sharp edges. Everything you want in a snub
    Last edited by signal4l; 06-23-21 at 00:12.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I find used revolvers to be the type that lay around in a drawer until the owner dies. Even my police revolvers have more holster wear than actual material wear. Even my old 30s Colt that looked like it fought on both sides of Stalingrad was still functioning great when I sold it. Even used it in a class.

I'd go with the Ruger speed six 357. No idea what it weighs (the 4in barrel is 33.5oz) but i find mine a good combination of size, capacity, grip, balance. Maybe S&W 66 2.5in but I have no experience with those.

If you're that concerned about weight then SW 340PD

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 06-22-21 at 22:36.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I like S&W 66 with a 3" barrel, it has a full length ejector rod to dump .357 rounds, it does not meet your weight limit but think you'll play hell finding a steel 6 shot 357 that will and is worth a damn. An S&W 327 might be you best bet and is an 8 shooter.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    S&W m12; 2” barrel, alloy frame, “K” frame/6 shot cylinder.
    I have one I modded to DAO/bobbed hammer that I still carry from time to time.
    A used revolver is pretty easy to determine if it’s still mechanically viable.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the Kimber, it meets your criteria and is stainless steel. Nice grip design, great trigger and sights.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Is that true of all GP100s, or only the Super GP100, which mentions that in the product description? Is the difference between the two spring and one spring triggers overhyped, or is it a major consideration with Rugers? I had a Redhawk, but never tried any trigger tuning. Next time around, I might, so I’m trying to think about that in advance. Smooth is more important than light for me.

You guys that like the Kimber revolvers.... do you like the 4” models, also? Any QC concerns? Anyone here see a bad example?

OP, the 340PDs I’ve shot worked well, and would meet your criteria, mostly. That PC 8 shot .357 someone posted is really nice, also, but it is a bit stubby for .357. It is loud and snappy, although the grips seem to do their job with that better than expected. I used to borrow a buddy’s for hiking before I had a Redhawk (which is pretty much the opposite). Don’t you already have a LCR, though?
    Last edited by 1168; 06-23-21 at 07:22. Reason: Poor choice of words.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast