Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite 6-shot .38 / .357 snub?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Is that true of all GP100s, or only the Super GP100, which mentions that in the product description? Is the difference between the two spring and one spring triggers overhyped, or is it a major consideration with Rugers? I had a Redhawk, but never tried any trigger tuning. Next time around, I might, so I’m trying to think about that in advance. Smooth is more important than light for me.

You guys that like the Kimber revolvers.... do you like the 4” models, also? Any QC concerns? Anyone here see a bad example?

OP, the 340PDs I’ve shot worked well, and would meet your criteria, I think. That PC 8 shot .357 someone posted is really nice, also, but it is a bit stubby for .357. It is loud and snappy, although the grips seem to do their job with that better than expected. I used to borrow a buddy’s for hiking before I had a Redhawk (which is pretty much the opposite). Don’t you already have a LCR, though?
    All GP100's use the two-spring setup. There's nothing wrong with the standard Redhawk design, but there is noticeable stacking in the trigger pull compared to the Super (at least to me).

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    All GP100's use the two-spring setup. There's nothing wrong with the standard Redhawk design, but there is noticeable stacking in the trigger pull compared to the Super (at least to me).
    Awesome; thanks. I’ll put that on my 2022 wishlist.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Gp100's are way to heavy. I've had a couple.

Never cared for alloy Jframes, especially since I've had LCR's. Would like a 6 or 7 shooter.

I do have a 6 shot .327 LCR and like it a lot. It gets belt-carried often. I also got a new Charter 5 shot .44 but due to crummy weather have yet to test it out.

I sold off my .38 / .357's but now that I reload I'm thinking of getting another.

I want something carryable but with not a lightweight. (To reduce recoil) I'm thinking a steel 6 or 7 shot .38 / .357 between 20-25 oz would be it. 2.5 to maybe a 3 inch barrel.

I carry 100 gr JHP .32 magnum in the LCR .327. It's an XTP that won't expand at the 1050 fps velocity. (My chrono)

A .38 Special with about 30% more gun weight than the LCR w/6 or 7 rounds I can carry hot .38's in and practice with light .38's or .38 Shorts of my own loading.

The LCR makes a better pocket gun being so light.

Feedback Score
    I've only handled a Kimber K6.

Felt great in hand.
    It would hardly ever see .357.

I just checked the specs and I thought the K6 was heavier but its right at the 25 oz I want. Very interested.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A 3" Ruger SP101 is 27 oz.
    Mine was a dandy & I carried it for years. Wish I still had it.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    It is only a 5 shot but I find my S&W 640 (357) very easy to carry (22.58 oz). Recoil with 110 - 125 grain is tolerable.
    With a Desantis pocket holster I can even stick it into my front jeans pocket.

Years ago the FBI carried a 3" model 13 but I believe they came in around 31 oz.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    < You guys that like the Kimber revolvers.... do you like the 4” models, also? Any QC concerns? Anyone here see a bad example? >

The one I handled DID have a great trigger action!
    When they first came out, the errornet mentioned a few cases of brittle firing pins - possibly d/t dry firing.
    Have not seen anything recently. I was going to get one too, until I stumbled across the fp issue.
    Anyone know of any further issues or updates?

geezerjohn
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    A 3" Ruger SP101 is 27 oz.
    Mine was a dandy & I carried it for years. Wish I still had it.
    I have a 2.25" model and wish it was a 3".

Andy

Feedback Score
    Colt Cobra in 38 SPL. Mine has a smooth trigger w/ no noticeable stacking. They make them brushed, bright, or DLC coated. Stamped +P. Ringing 8" plates at 30 yards in double action was easy. 25 ounces if I remember right
    They make a King Cobra in 357 too, but i haven't shot one of those.
    Last edited by hi-wayman; 06-23-21 at 20:48.

Feedback Score
    I have the 3 inch K6. It seems to be just the right size for me. It does surprisingly well with .357 but I do mostly load it with .38. If I want to shoot full house .357 I will use my Manurhin MR73. The Kimber mostly does snake duty here and self defense while hiking etc.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast