Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Women Want to Know Why Men Don't Want to Marry Anymore

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    The concept of a family consisting of a man and woman bonded for life raising children has been under attack far longer than I have been on the planet and I am no spring chicken.
    Part of the communist agenda for taking over a country- destroy the nuclear family and replace with big government.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The concept of a family consisting of a man and woman bonded for life raising children has been under attack far longer than I have been on the planet and I am no spring chicken.
    Married almost 22 years, I have 6 kids, my wife stays at home and homeschools, I am sole provider. We are about as much a pariah as you can get.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Part of the communist agenda for taking over a country- destroy the nuclear family and replace with big government.
    The feeling called “love” is a chemical reaction that lasts about six months with the usual result of pair bonding and a first child. If you have too many “loves” that do not result in long-term pair bonding and children, guess what? You build a tolerance to the chemical side of the equation and may lose the ability to pair bond altogether - hence the sky-high divorce and blended family rates.

Once you are past the six months, marriage and child rearing is hard, thankless seemingly often, work.

We are in deep trouble and it isn’t getting better.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I'd say that's more universal than gender specific. I've seen some young "men" who assume they should be able to play video games all day while their "wife" brings them meals and washes their clothes. A marriage is a partnership with goals. If you want kids, make sure the person you're legally contracting with wants them too, and at least close to the same amount. If you want financial stability, make sure they have a record of earning and saving.

If you want a trophy, play a sport. If you just want pleasure in the now, find a FWB or consider short term rentals. Everyone will be happier in the long run.
    I have a 20 something next door neighbor. He owns the house and has a good job. He plays video games all day and can't keep a girl friend.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    it is the age of hit it and then split... Young women now are hypersexual and young men drink too much soy lattes and have no social skills, they can't compete with the alphas....who grab all the hypersexual women... lol

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Marriage to a guy seems to be a high risk low reward situation. Divorce rates are rising, and when that happens you’ll lose half your savings and retirement, your house, have to pay alimony/child support, become an every other weekend dad, etc. Like what’s the benefit?
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 06-23-21 at 15:15.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Marriage to a guy seems to be a high risk low reward situation. Divorce rates are rising, and when that happens you’ll lose half your savings and retirement, your house, have to pay alimony/child support, become an every other weekend dad, etc. Like what’s the benefit?
    There is none unless you can make it work. I've been married 26 years. No kids (four-legged variety only). I know some will chastise me for that part but it is what it is and if we ever split she ain't gettin' a monthly check. Maybe not having kids has made us last MUCH longer than the average? I dunno.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    There is none unless you can make it work. I've been married 26 years. No kids (four-legged variety only). I know some will chastise me for that part but it is what it is and if we ever split she ain't gettin' a monthly check. Maybe not having kids has made us last MUCH longer than the average? I dunno.
    No one should chastise a descision that belongs purely to you and your spouse.

Feedback Score
    No one should chastise a descision that belongs purely to you and your spouse.
    Yeah I agree but there are those (on this very site) who would say I haven't done my "part" by not bringing progeny into the world and hopefully get them thinking "right", as an offset to the breeding masses.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    My buddy has half his days to do WTF he wants. Lose half your money? Yes, but is it better to not be able to control any or have half and control it all?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast