Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: The most beautiful Car?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    My automotive taste has evolved over the years, from sport cars to this.
    WhileI like sports cars, I have been thinking all along if I wanted to spend the money on the kind of cars being discussed I would just want a factory new Toyota Land cruiser FJ-60. And also a factory new Pinzgauer 710M.

While I think that something like the GT40 is really cool, I don't really have any desire for one. I'd rather have several interesting cars that I can play with and use then an exotic.

If I had to pick beauty then for me it's early '70s 911S, pre whale tail.

But I'm a form-follow function guy, that's why I think Series land rovers, land cruisers, etc are beautiful in their own ugly way.
    Last edited by pinzgauer; 07-07-21 at 12:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    But I'm a form-follow function guy, that's why I think Series land rovers, land cruisers, etc are beautiful in their own ugly way.
    We are in agreement! My work in progress!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Love the black wheels look, very cool.

Feedback Score
    Arggghhh, I hate this question. For me it's a tossup between a '65 GTO and a Ferrari GT250 Lusso:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ruark; 07-11-21 at 18:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Love the black wheels look, very cool.
    Thanks! Want to put armor underneath, front and rear bumpers, change to 34-35" tires and 17" or 18" wheels, modify the AHC suspension to get another 1" of lift. Won't do it for awhile though. It is in Low mode in this picture and will drop into Low mode every time the vehicle is turned off automatically and go back to Normal height mode once you go above 9mph. It really helps my wife get in and out of the car easier (spinal cancer).

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    https://youtu.be/kZnJRPWoRGM

LFA. More of a why it's so good.
    Last edited by Scrubber3; 08-10-21 at 17:25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a brief romance with Mustang GT's.
    It was a sickness, that I am glad I am over. I had two horrible experiences.
    1) The person in the car beside me door dinged me and then dragged a stroller down the side of my car. I go out and my Cherry red paint job has the paint scratched to the primer. I was so mad I was toxic for about 24 hours.
    2)I was sleeping and got "That Call". My Son was in Austin with friends and didn't trust them to drive home. Off I go, in a near typhoon. The traction in a Mustang isn't the best on a good day. I skated 70 miles to Austin. White knuckles all the way.

Having my second come to Jesus moment with a sports car, I gave up and bought a Taco. Got the last year before the body style changed.
    I'm good with that.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Cool

Awwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

The Auburn Speedster (1935–37), and the Cord 810/812 (1936–37) became famous for their advanced engineering as well as their striking appearance. The Auburn Boattail Speedster was powered by a 4.6L straight eight that, with the popular supercharger option (150 hp), could top 100 mph (160 km/h).

At a time when Cadillac was competing directly with Rolls-Royce and its most powerful engine managed 90 horses, the Auburn put out 115 and topped 100mph.

The Depression, coupled with Cord's stock manipulations, spelled the end of the company and production ceased in 1937.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post

That generation of high end autos is just flat out SEXY. Gimme a Duesenberg SJ. I love the reliability, creature comforts, and amenities of modern rides. But for lookin at? Those 30's luxury sports can't be beat.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post

These are simply gorgeous.

Being just a bit more form follows function, I have to admit my favorite pre-war has to be a Blower Bentley:

But I have to admit that even though the function is as good as ever coming out of Crewe, the form has improved dramatically, hence my favorite "beauty" car right now is:

Just can't decide if I like the orange better than tradition?

Last edited by glocktogo; 08-11-21 at 15:25.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast