Thread: Something Cool - 3D Printed .22 Mega Pistol

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Something Cool - 3D Printed .22 Mega Pistol

This guy made a semi-auto .22 pistol with mostly 3D printing and some milling (for critical metal parts). It also has a really unique ring-drum magazine feeding device.

I admit I liked the style of the original design full-length lower, Vs the current open-bottom slide, but I thought it was also interesting to hear his reasons for why he made some changes to the design.
    Someone hire this kid...
    Last edited by Jellybean; 06-23-21 at 13:28.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    What is the legality of making your own gun- 3d printed or not? Is this what the whole 80% lower issue is about?

If the round part were more rearward in a bulllup and acted like a brace,..

Sweet Jesus, he has a speed loader for that drum..

He has a magnetic disconnector????
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 06-23-21 at 23:23.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That’s really, really cool. The only criticism I could muster was that I wanted him to have a trigger guard on the final build.

He’s bound to figure out how to make a disconnect for the ratcheting mechanism so he doesn’t have to rack the slide to load each round.

I also wonder if you can 3D print over a piece of metal in the to encapsulate it and add strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Take a great concept and combine it with engineering skill. Nice work kid!!

Feedback Score
    Kid was trained as a chemist and then a computer scientist. No ‘engineering’ formal training…
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    That’s really, really cool. The only criticism I could muster was that I wanted him to have a trigger guard on the final build.

He’s bound to figure out how to make a disconnect for the ratcheting mechanism so he doesn’t have to rack the slide to load each round.

I also wonder if you can 3D print over a piece of metal in the to encapsulate it and add strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is possible to pause a print job to install an insert into a cavity. It needs to be designed so the insert doesn't interfere with the subsequent passes of the printer head once installed.