Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas clothes dryer

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Maytags of old, I have a 25 year old one but Maytag is now a part of Whrilpool and I don't know if the quality is still there. Speed Queen has a reputation as good stuff but expensive.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I wouldn't do LG. There's issues getting support. Modern day Maytag is a mixed bag since you could get a Whirlpool, Kenmore or a Maytag and its all the same machine with a different control panel.

If you have the coin Speed Queen is the best. They tout something like a 25 year life expectancy. They aren't very pretty, but are basically laundromat duty style machine.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Speed Queen Commercial dryer. That is all.

ETA: The only appliance company that is NOT emailing me constantly to buy extended warranties. It's a disgrace that just about every other appliance manufacturer is trying to entice you to buy extended warranties from one to five years after the original warranty expires. Kenmore was really good twenty five years ago, but today they rank in the lower third. Spend the coin for a Speed Queen, about $950.

I stand corrected, I quoted the electric version. The gas model DC5003WG goes for $1150-$1250
    Last edited by 3 AE; 06-25-21 at 13:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    Maytags of old, I have a 25 year old one but Maytag is now a part of Whrilpool and I don't know if the quality is still there. Speed Queen has a reputation as good stuff but expensive.
    Actually it is the other way around.

Whirlpool was bought by Maytag.

My Whirlpool washer and Dryer are from 2004, going strong. But mine say made in Germany .

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    Maybe 8-9 years ago the wife decided she wanted to replace our 90s era Kenmore w/d with a set of LG so-called 'high efficiency'. No problems. Clothes are clean and the washer spins so crazy fast that clothes come out nearly dry compared to the old Kenmore.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    Speed Queen Commercial dryer. That is all.

ETA: The only appliance company that is NOT emailing me constantly to buy extended warranties. It's a disgrace that just about every other appliance manufacturer is trying to entice you to buy extended warranties from one to five years after the original warranty expires. Kenmore was really good twenty five years ago, but today they rank in the lower third. Spend the coin for a Speed Queen, about $950.

I stand corrected, I quoted the electric version. The gas model DC5003WG goes for $1150-$1250
    We have Speed Queen units after we've killed other brands doing tons of laundry for our air BnB business. They are not fancy, but they work.

Feedback Score
    I have had great experiences with LG and the Whirlpool family (including Maytag). I am looking to replace the W/D in one of my rentals, LG is top of the heap with consumer reports in both ratings and durability. Not that that is a guarantee, but it's something. I have had good experiences with Samsung electronics, their small and large appliances have seemed to be a problem for me.

ETA: the speed queens mentioned are well rated by CR as well, no personal experience.
    Last edited by utahjeepr; 06-26-21 at 10:24.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've had a few problems with my dryer overheating, my bad, it was full of lint.
    I went on YouTube and there was someone with an answer, I fixed it at no cost. I'm not saying you'll be so lucky, but you never know.

Feedback Score
    I got a cheap amana set and going on 6 years no issues.

I think they were 3-$400 each piece.
    I went for the stuff the no touch screens and the fewest options.

Kenmore elite front loaders were the worst I've used.

Edit- the amana is $600 now
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-28-21 at 11:16.

Feedback Score
    For political reasons I won’t touch whirlpool, or any of their subsidiaries like kitchenaid or Maytag. They own a congressman. He was my congressman 30 years ago and the turd is still in office. He calls himself a republican but represents the worst of that party and the Democratic Party. He’s a consistent voice for Gun control and a consistent voice for tax breaks on imported goods sold by “American brands.” Fred Upton is totally worthless but he is owned by the company his grandfather started. All whirlpool is anymore is an importer of Chinese manufactured goods. While Samsung, Bosch or Miele may not be any better. At least they don’t own a Congress critter.

I’d look at euro brands like Bosch, Miele or Electrolux.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast