Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Building in Florida collapses.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Building in Florida collapses.

Insane, the whole side of the building came off and collapsed.
    Some of those condo's were going for $700,000.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks very similar to the Ronan Point collapse in England.

Wonder if it was a similar type of construction - prefabricated concrete panels.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Wonder if it was a similar type of construction - prefabricated concrete panels.
    It certainly looks like it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post

Insane, the whole side of the building came off and collapsed.
    Some of those condo's were going for $700,000.
    Thing about FL is, the old stuff is built to last, and the stuff built post hurricane Andrew - which caused a huge amount of damage and exposed a lot of really crappy construction that lead to a big revamp and actual enforcement of building codes - usually GTG. Stuff between those times, are highly suspect. My house was built in 1947 and it's built like a bomb shelter. Thickest damn cement walls I have ever seen on a non mil dwelling, which is one reason I like it. SO house built in the 60s, built to last. That building that collapsed was 80s built, and that was a low point building quality wise and considering what I have heard from contractors, inspectors, etc, surprised that does not happen more often frankly.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It looks similar to a controlled demolition type collapse & like the mayor said...'buildings just don't collapse like that'. It was said to be built in the 80's, so it made it through Andrew. Just bizarre how there was no warning of issues.

https://mobile.twitter.com/discloset...55796534059010
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    It looks similar to a controlled demolition type collapse & like the mayor said...'buildings just don't collapse like that'. It was said to be built in the 80's, so it made it through Andrew. Just bizarre how there was no warning of issues.

https://mobile.twitter.com/discloset...55796534059010
    Not of they are properly built no, but sub par materials, or designs, or slow but steady water damage erosion, etc, happens when it happens. Happened with a building in my neighborhood as a kid in Brooklyn. Looked like someone had pulled the wrong block from a jenga game. No one survived. It was surreal to look at. I remember it well as in the pile was a dresser I was looking at, and I thought, wow, that was someones dresser in their bedroom. That stuck with me.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Pretty amazing video from a security camera.

Years ago I lied about my age (geeze 44 years ago) and got a job in high rise construction, just a laborer, but it's beyond me how something like this happens.
    Last edited by Averageman; 06-24-21 at 14:11.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just seems there would be some sorta physical pre-crash clues if faulty construction had a part...mayor said he thinks they will find out, but only concerned with current search / rescue. Some are speculating a sinkhole so who knows. Never seen anything like it.

I'm sure the research has begun already with lawyers lining up...every supplier / contractor involved will be contacted soon if still around. Crazy deal & seems like more than 50 should be missing when watching her go. (oops...just saw where it's now close to 100)
    Last edited by Artos; 06-24-21 at 14:16.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Iranian commandos?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Just seems there would be some sorta physical pre-crash clues if faulty construction had a part...mayor said he thinks they will find out, but only concerned with current search / rescue. Some are speculating a sinkhole so who knows. Never seen anything like it.

I'm sure the research has begun already with lawyers lining up...every supplier / contractor involved will be contacted soon if still around. Crazy deal & seems like more than 50 should be missing when watching her go. (oops...just saw where it's now close to 100)
    In a previously viewed video, they had claimed that someone had been working on the roof.
    It looks as though to me, the entire side of the building sheared off.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast