Thread: Quick Question on USGI Issue / Style MATECH Rear Sight Assembly ?

Feedback Score

Quick Question on USGI Issue / Style MATECH Rear Sight Assembly ?

Good Morning Gents, I have a simple question in regards to the USGI type MATECH Rear Sight ? I just saw an example for sale here on the E/E Sub-Forum, & noted that the aperture appeared quite a bit smaller in diameter than previous versions I've observed. The examples I remember appeared to have a nice, somewhat large, almost Ghost Ring type aperture. Were they manufactured & issued with 2 different aperture sizes, or do I recall it incorrectly ? THANKS Guys !

Best, Dom P.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    They used to come with a plastic insert at one point that made them smaller, or larger without. The ones on my unit’s M4A1s have small aperture only.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    THANKS My Friend, I knew I had seen them larger at one point ! It's not that I really need one at the moment, but when I came across one earlier I had to see why I remembered it as being bigger.

Dom

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    They used to come with a plastic insert at one point that made them smaller, or larger without. The ones on my unit’s M4A1s have small aperture only.
    The snap in sounds more like a KAC 300M.

https://www.knightarmco.com/3864/sho...-micro-sight-2

Every Matech I have handled or seen has had an aperture similar in size to the small/unmarked aperture on the A2/detachable carry handle/LMT type rear.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    The snap in sounds more like a KAC 300M.

https://www.knightarmco.com/3864/sho...-micro-sight-2

Every Matech I have handled or seen has had an aperture similar in size to the small/unmarked aperture on the A2/detachable carry handle/LMT type rear.
    You could be right. I’ll check my older one tonight. I finished PMI with current guns 30 minutes before I replied earlier, so I’m fairly certain about the new ones.

Edit: you were correct. I must’ve been thinking of the KAC with the removable aperture. Both of my older Matechs are just the small aperture.
    Last edited by 1168; 06-25-21 at 17:04.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I drilled the Matech I have on an "M-4" build for a larger aperture.

Andy