Thread: .44 magnum lever gun

Feedback Score

.44 magnum lever gun

SOLD

Up for sale is my Combat Cowboy Carbine. A Rossi 92 with the heavy octagon barrel in .44 magnum.

This started out as a 24" barreled rifle. I wanted a carbine, but with the heavy octagon barrel... something nobody made. I got this, and had my gunsmith cut it down to 17" (still holds 10 + 1) and install a white bead front sight. A large loop lever from Steve's Gunz replaced the Rossi factory one that crunched my fingers. Also from Steve's Gunz is the rear peep sight that replaces the bolt safety. I've only shot the gun once with the irons since completion as they are just back-ups to me, but they work fine. My gunsmith then drilled & tapped the top flat of the barrel, and a leftover piece of picatinny from an old AR rail was affixed to it for a Sig Romeo 5 red dot sight, and a Streamlight ProTac in a Thorntail mount. The nice looking, but uncomfy curved buttplate was removed, the stock flattened, and a recoil pad fitted, then a leather ammo cuff added to hold 8 extra rounds.

I am the original owner of this gun, having bought it new from a dealer at a gun show up at Merrillville, IN several years back. It's the most fun gun I own to shoot. Haven't hunted with it yet like I kept saying I would, but I've put probably close to 400 rounds through it at the range. (almost all were 225 gr FTX LeveReloloution) It only lacks one thing... it's not a take-down.

I just got me a Chiappa takedown, so I'm putting this up for sale, and will fix up the Chiappa likewise.

The bluing is very nice, the wood is too for Brazilian stuff, the color case hardening on the receiver is very pretty, the action is sooo smooth.
    The red dot makes it very fast on target, and the light makes it a great bump in the night / camp / truck gun.

If you're close, (NW Indiana, we can meet otherwise, I'll ship to FFL. Buyer pays shipping.)

Price is $900

I know, seems like a lot for a Rossi lever gun right?
    Think about it, and what all you're getting.

Gun $600
    Sig Romeo 5 $120
    Streamlight ProTac $106
    Thorntail mount $70
    Steve’s Gunz rear peep $60
    Steve’s Gunz large loop $174 (actually more. They were out of the blue, so this one is stainless, and I had to get it blued)
    Leather ammo cuff $60 (not gonna find one that nice today either for $60)
    Recoil pad $35
    Total = $1,225

We all know you never get your money back out of a gun... so I priced it down to $900.
    That's a fair price. I'll give it to my son before I come down.

Not including any of the gunsmith work, or the little picatinny rail, or the front sight...
    Whoever buys this rifle WILL love it.
    This is one pleasant shooting .44 magnum.

Not looking for trades at this time. (Spent a fortune on the takedown to replace this, and I still got to put a light and red dot on it to make it like this one)

It's on Gunbroker too. Starting bid is only $750 there if you want to chance nobody else taking it higher... There is no reserve so once someone places a bid, it's gone. Taking a gamble the GB people will pay more. I'm really needing cash, but I'm not selling it for more than I really feel it's worth just because of panic buying. This truly is a nice gun.

No bids there yet, but if a member here wants it, I'll cancel the GB sale. GB makes me collect taxes.

More photos on GB if you want to see it better.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/903899907
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 07-02-21 at 17:40.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    bump.

Their dogs.

Feedback Score

Their dogs.