Thread: 'Relative Quality' of Economy BUSHNELL 1-4x24 AR OPTICS RIFLESCOPE / 223 BDC ?

Feedback Score

'Relative Quality' of Economy BUSHNELL 1-4x24 AR OPTICS RIFLESCOPE / 223 BDC ?

Good Morning Folks, I'm checking up on one of Bushnell's really low priced Rifle Scopes, which will be installed on my Grandson's .223. [ He insists on paying for it himself, so that's why the 'economy' version. ] From what I've read, I guess it does appear to be worth the $125 price, even though we've all learned that, 'you get what you pay for', plain & simple.

{ REF. = Bushnell 1-4x24 AR Optics Riflescope / 'Drop Zone' - .223 BDC Reticle, Matte Black / BH #BUAR91424 • MFR #AR91424 }

However, for his 'specific purposes', I don't see any issues with it, but perhaps I'm missing something ? One point I have noted is that in the few Sites I checked for it, every Site was 'temporarily out of stock', which to me, could indicate 2 different things. 1, it is indeed OOS due to overwhelming demand, not at all uncommon at the present. Or, it's no longer being manufactured due to any number of issues ? [ I did notice it was still available on Bushnell's Website. ] So, has anyone here had any interaction with this particular Bushnell Model ? If so, please advise with whatever details you may recall. My little guy really wants it, & it will be his 1st 'real' Optic, as opposed to all the PRC El Cheapo's he's obtained on eBay for his Airsoft & BB Guns.THANK YOU

Best, Dom P.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No experience with it but how old is your grandson and what does he plan to do with it?

For occasional bench shooting it should be fine.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would assume quality is decent, but never used one.

I have looked through an FFP version and the glass seemed fairly clear.

The FFP part is why I chimed in as a "be aware" comment. They make that magnification in FFP and SFP and in my opinion the FFP on 1x ends up with a microscopic reticle. May not(or may) be an issue for young eyes.

Finally got search to work and I think the model you reference is SFP, just be aware there is an FFP option that is very similar.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 06-26-21 at 10:21.

Feedback Score
    THANKS Guys, My Grandson will be 15 in another few months, so although he's 'getting there', I don't feel he's ready for a Nightforce set up, well, at least not yet. I figured this Bushnell would probably be 'good enough' for where he's at right now. But, as I try to do with pretty much everything, I wanted to check it out for him so he didn't end up with a piece of trash. If I could, I'd just give him one of mine, but sorry, I can't afford to replace it right now. ? [ But, he's fully aware that he's going to end up with everything sometimes down the road. ] I'll do a little more reading up on them before he orders one, just to be certain ! THANKS Guys

Best, Dom P.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Primary Arms' 1-4 "Classic" runs in the same price range and not only are they a sponsor here, they have a reputation for outstanding customer service/warranty repairs.

The scope is currently on back/pre order so it may be out of the running if you need the scope now.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...flescope-pa14x

The scope is SFP, duplex reticle, illuminated dot. I like a simple reticle, but its your grandson's opinion that matters.

Andy

P.S. I know nothing about either scope, but the odds of needing a warranty repair are simply higher on an inexpensive optic.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The Primary Arms scope is made in China while the Bushnell is make is South Korea. A simple statement that I am not going to argue about.

Feedback Score
    THANKS Guys, I really appreciate all the input. I'll check with him if he's willing to wait on the PA version, or just go with the Bushnell ? He can get the Bushy for $118 + shipping, which doesn't appear too bad. This is a big step up for him, & me, as I usually end up buying all his shooting related stuff. I've always tried to make him responsible & proficient in his skills, as up until quite recently I had been pushing him towards going 'on the job', where I knew he would truly need anything & everything I could teach him. But, lately, I honestly don't know if I really want him to put up with all the 'stuff' our Officers have to deal with these days, & I truly don't see it getting any better in the near future. He's talking about looking into the biomedical engineering arena, & I'm all for it. THANKS Gents

Best, Dom P.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    The Primary Arms scope is made in China while the Bushnell is make is South Korea. A simple statement that I am not going to argue about.
    Its a fair point.

Andy

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Natchez has the Bushnell Engage 1-4 illuminated No 4 reticle 30mm tube for $99.99. https://www.natchezss.com/bushnell-e...n-4-black.html

No affiliation, and I know nothing about the scope except I personally prefer the capped turrets and #4 reticle to the "target" turrets and BDC reticle of the Bushnell AR Riflescope.

Andy

P.S. European market hunting scope, so adjustments are 1 centimeter (.4 inch) per click at 100 meters, rather than 1/4 or 1/2" at 100 yards.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-29-21 at 07:12.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I bought a Bushnell AR Optics 1-6x24mm BTR-1. It is my first LPVO and I got it to see how I get on with these. I have shot with it now though only at close range. There is some distortion but not enough to prevent me from keeping both eyes open at 1X. The glass is clear and bright enough to see by moonlight about as well as I can with the naked eye. The eyepiece has some wobble but the reticle-to-target alignment does not change. The included reticle card is wrong. The illumination dial started stiff but broke in with a bit of manipulation. Illumination is good. I still need to see if it passes basic tests of hold zero, return to zero, resist fogging, etc. It is plainly not a high-end scope but it is better than I was expecting for a bit over $200. It feels like more than a toy to me.