Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MRO Patrol Sight Versus Eotech EXPS3

Feedback Score

MRO Patrol Sight Versus Eotech EXPS3

I am torn between the two for a new optic on a build.
    I like the MRO for the battery life, durability, weight and field of view compared to other red dots.
    I like the Eotech EXPS3 for the reticle (have astigmatism), speed in acquiring targets, lack of parallax, ranging ability and it appears to be better (reticle stays proportionate to the target) when using a magnifier than a red dot.
    I have not owned or used either.
    What does the horde have to say or suggest about either/or? Recommend one.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    People bash the eotech because of the battery life. They have a point. It also has an off switch and you can plan.

If it’s going to be that always on bump in the night gun, it’s not ideal. Sure. If it’s something you’re going to shoot then out away, eotech.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    People bash the eotech because of the battery life. They have a point. It also has an off switch and you can plan.

If it’s going to be that always on bump in the night gun, it’s not ideal. Sure. If it’s something you’re going to shoot then out away, eotech.
    It would not be on my primary bump in the night home defense gun. 600 hours of run time on the Eotech is still 25 days of run time and as you stated, it does have an automatic shut off after 4 or 8 hours. I do stock batteries and can stock more. I have heard that the Eotech is superior if using at night with night vision as well.

Feedback Score
    Have MROs on several rifles, they work well at night, never a problem with them. I always found the Eotech's a little too "busy" for my tastes.

Battery life is awesome, have came back to them a few weeks later and did the "oh crap left it on!" thing.

Then you have the whole lying about the temperature ratings and other factors thing that L3/Eotech got in trouble for years ago. Never could get a straight answer out of my Eotech rep at Shot Show over that. I asked him politely multiple times, told him I had customers with them that were deploying were genuinely concerned, etc. Even asked for an "off the record" answer. All I kept getting was "we can't talk about it." That's the point we stopped carrying Eotech.

L3 and Eotech are no longer the same company but they were at the time that happened.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Never had an issue with MRO's, using several.
    I have Astigmatism, but still see what resembles a Dot with them.
    Making A/C zone hits on steel isn't difficult to 300, if I can see targets. I find them exceptionally quick at CQB ranges.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I love the MRO glass. So clear and the battery life is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Don't forget that the Eotech weighs more than twice what the MRO weighs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Don't forget that the Eotech weighs more than twice what the MRO weighs.
    Ounces make pounds and pounds make pain

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Does anyone have experience comparing the MRO HD and the standard MRO head to head?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    I had an MRO and the green dot looked the same as every red dot, a big starburst. I could not tell where the true center/zero was so I replaced it with the Vortex UH-1 gen 2 with NVG setting. I have not tested it at night yet but I can see the reticle clearly now. Huge difference for me, from now on I will only own a holo sight or misro prism. I am waiting to see some reviews on the PA Micro Prism, it looks very promising. I was looking at Eotech too, obviously the only two holo sights out there. I decided on the Vortex because the battery life is better and the lens housing is thinner. Some say the Eotech is better for NVG use but I am mainly a daytime shooter right now and the UH-1 works fine enough. There is also the parallax issues with the MRO especially compared to holo sights and the Aimpoint.
    Last edited by ToeheadAR; 07-01-21 at 07:25.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast