Thread: Aimpoint M5b release date?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Aimpoint M5b release date?

Been hearing about since last January but I haven't heard of anyone having it in stock.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    $1,570....lol....

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    $1,570....lol....
    Canadia.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    $1,570....lol....
    Seriously.

Aimpoint has not been doing good business lately. They really need to stop and ask: Can, and will, people spend the money on this? Why would anyone spend that much on a red dot?? Especially since you can get the regular CompM5 and T2 for $600 or $700 less, and the PRO for about $1100 less!

If I’m spending that kind of money, I’m getting an LPVO.

Edit: didn’t see the Canada comment. Still, it’s a lot of money.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 06-30-21 at 08:28.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Optics Planet (!) has them "in stock" for $811-941.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Seriously.

Aimpoint has not been doing good business lately. They really need to stop and ask: Can, and will, people spend the money on this? Why would anyone spend that much on a red dot?? Especially since you can get the regular CompM5 and T2 for $600 or $700 less, and the PRO for about $1100 less!

Edit: didn’t see the Canada comment. Still, it’s a lot of money.
    Yeah, I honestly have no idea. Most I've spent on an aimpoint was my Comp M5, it's a great optic, but even sans mount I thought I paid too much for it.

A lot of neat features on this M5b, but does that translate to over $100+ US more than the M5?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    With my aging eyes and astigmatism, that's the way I'm going too, if I'm in the market for a new optic. I can sure use the magnification at times. I find myself shooting my rifle with the Steiner P4Xi more than my red dot ones.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have EPXS’s, an Aimpoint, Razor HDe 1-6, PA 1-6, and Leupolds. I have yet to find a better bang for the buck than the Sig Romeo 5 for a compact red dot. It’s clear as hell, great glass, motion on and off, and $115. If you’re buying OCONUS who gives a shit where it is. You do need a better mount than the generic, but even after that you can still buy a case of ammunition and a class.

Wake up, aimpoint- you’re becoming the Colt of optics. The people that are buying Holosuns and Sigs aren’t “not your customers anyway” - they’re your current customers.
    Last edited by CPM; 07-02-21 at 07:08.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    The people that are buying Holosuns and Sigs aren’t “not your customers anyway” - they’re your current customers.
    True story.