Thread: KISS Carbine

Feedback Score

KISS Carbine

So I wanted to build something simple. Turns out even with my skills I didnt actually build a whole lot. Will and I were big fans of these type guns so maybe hes smiling on this one.

Upper:

Colt 6921 Complete URG (scored it at the LGS on sale cheap, I guess guys dont like FSB's anymore, lol)
    SOLGW NOX - not pictured
    X300U-B in a Mossie Mount
    Magpul Mbus rear
    Vortex AMG

Lower:

Cheap PSA but in spec
    LPK with the schmid nickel teflon trigger
    H2 buffer and GI spring
    SOPMOD stock (not pictured)

Slings a Proctor sling. Its pretty cool and requires no hardware.

I know this pic has a brace and A2 but was taken before I got the NOX. Im gonna paint her this week and snap a new pic.

20210601_042346.jpg
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    Nice build and i love KISS guns. I recently bought a proctor sling and testing it on my training ar 22 (tippmann m4-22). I like it so far and it is nice you dont need hardware

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post
    So I wanted to build something simple. Turns out even with my skills I didnt actually build a whole lot. Will and I were big fans of these type guns so maybe hes smiling on this one.

Upper:

Colt 6921 Complete URG (scored it at the LGS on sale cheap, I guess guys dont like FSB's anymore, lol)
    SOLGW NOX - not pictured
    Magpul Mbus rear
    Vortex AMG

Lower:

Cheap PSA but in spec
    H2 buffer and GI spring

I know this pic has a brace and A2 but was taken before I got the NOX. Im gonna paint her this week and snap a new pic.

20210601_042346.jpg
    Very nice ! Mine's been a slow evolution since I won't cut quality due to cost. So I wait and it evolves. Now waiting for an optic, can't be chinese made.

Feedback Score
    Nice. I have recently been gravitating more toward simple M4 set-ups. I am awaiting for a 16" FN barrel to return from Retro Arms after having an M2 front sight base drilled and mounted. Then I will assemble a carbine using FN, BCM, Spike Tactical and JP parts. Using a finished 80% lower as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    Nice. I have recently been gravitating more toward simple M4 set-ups. I am awaiting for a 16" FN barrel to return from Retro Arms after having an M2 front sight base drilled and mounted. Then I will assemble a carbine using FN, BCM, Spike Tactical and JP parts. Using a finished 80% lower as well.
    Ahh, what JP part/s do you plan to use? I'm using a JP captured recoil unit. Before I got it I went over to one of the competition forums and asked about it's durability. It got the thumbs up from guys who shoot 1000's of rounds a month so I figured it was OK.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Very nice ! Mine's been a slow evolution since I won't cut quality due to cost. So I wait and it evolves. Now waiting for an optic, can't be chinese made.
    I have a bad astigmatism and the AMG is crystal.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post

Upper:

SOLGW NOX - not pictured
    Magpul Mbus rear
    Vortex AMG

Lower:

Cheap PSA but in spec
    H2 buffer and GI spring

20210601_042346.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Nice build and i love KISS guns. I recently bought a proctor sling and testing it on my training ar 22 (tippmann m4-22). I like it so far and it is nice you dont need hardware
    I usually use VTAC or BFG/LAV slings but have a couple Proctor slings. I really like them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I usually use VTAC or BFG/LAV slings but have a couple Proctor slings. I really like them.
    This is my first one. Im a big VCAS fan but my buddy gave it to me after seeing what I was putting together.

One thing ill confirm is that AMG is badass if you have an astigmatism. The reticle is really crisp.