Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Red Line Assembly Lube

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky1 View Post
    What CLP would you recommend? I have been using the Lucas CLP but I am about out of it. While I like using Grease where things slide violently I like CLP also for cleaning and protecting.
    Whatever meets Mil-PRF 63460e or f. There are a few. Off memory, there seems to be two current standards, one for biodegradable, one for maybe/maybe not. I wouldn’t deliberately choose the biodegradeable one, but its probably fine. Radcolube, Breakfree, and G96 have varieties that claim to meet the standard. I’ve found all 3 to be capable of C, L, and P, and refilled a bunch of small bottles with them. My range’s Pro Shop carries Radco. I mostly have “milspec” Breakfree in my personal stash, but also have .mil stuff of unknown origin. I can’t really tell a difference in any brand of the current stuff, but the older stuff is a bit different. It effs my nose up and I hate it.

CLP really appeals to my laziness.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Someone PM’d me like a year ago with some details on the standard for current CLP, and I dove into a bit of research on it. I determined that the DoD had it figured out, at least as well as I would be able to, and it was the easy button.
    Alright, I start to remember. Nice that your answering my questions ended up helping you too.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Alright, I start to remember. Nice that your answering my questions ended up helping you too.
    Yes, thanks for engaging intelligently.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Whatever meets Mil-PRF 63460e or f. There are a few. Off memory, there seems to be two current standards, one for biodegradable, one for maybe/maybe not. I wouldn’t deliberately choose the biodegradeable one, but its probably fine. Radcolube, Breakfree, and G96 have varieties that claim to meet the standard. I’ve found all 3 to be capable of C, L, and P, and refilled a bunch of small bottles with them. My range’s Pro Shop carries Radco. I mostly have “milspec” Breakfree in my personal stash, but also have .mil stuff of unknown origin. I can’t really tell a difference in any brand of the current stuff, but the older stuff is a bit different. It effs my nose up and I hate it.

CLP really appeals to my laziness.
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    That anecdote proves nothing. What makes boutique gun grease worth $10/ounce or more? Why are you talking about rust?

Four (now five) users isn't the largest sample. Anything wrong with seeking additional experience? Why the eye roll?
    Because I thought it was a dumb post that deserved recognition of being such.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another lube thread. Excellent.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Another lube thread. Excellent.
    Its inevitable, so we may as well try to enjoy it. Its much better than the politics and the “oh no, there’s a scratch on my BCM/Colt/DD” or “rate my new toy” threads. At least when someone asks about oil, I can try to believe that some people here actually shoot enough to have run out of whatever the last shit they bought was.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Its inevitable, so we may as well try to enjoy it. Its much better than the politics and the “oh no, there’s a scratch on my...
    Or the 'Is this wear normal?' thread / pictures after firing a single mag.

Feedback Score
    Someone PM’d me like a year ago with some details on the standard for current CLP, and I dove into a bit of research on it. I determined that the DoD had it figured out, at least as well as I would be able to, and it was the easy button.

TW25b is pretty good stuff. It does separate. It is excellent in beltfeds, and I have a lifetime supply from that. It seems pretty similar to Lubriplate SFL-0, maybe slightly thicker or stickier. Also, a bead of it across a sidewalk will kill the shit out of the giant ants in Ar Ramadi when they get stuck in it. I like the way it goops up a Q-Tip.

Lubriplate SFL-0 is awesome on sears, and thats mainly what I use it for, although lately, I find myself just using a little CLP instead of grabbing the syringe, with indistinguishable scores on paper or steel. I don’t deliberately mix it, but it does not seem to suffer from contact with oil. I learned about it (and AW-350) here, years ago: https://www.grantcunningham.com/2006...brication-101/ The AW-350 oil in that article is also good to go, and inexpensive.

Unscientific.
    Grant Cunningham puts forth some compelling info, and I purchase his Lubrikit some time back. I liked it a lot and then stubbed my toe on Cherrybalmz. It's all good, and I'm not shooting enough lately to find fault either way. The next time I do a deep clean I may go back to the Lubrikit, based on nothing more scientific than the alignment of the celestial bodies.
    Last edited by Uncas47; 07-03-21 at 10:44.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123