Ive read a lot of hate here and elsewhere about Kimber 1911's. I dont recall ever seeing exactly what the problems with them are/were.
So..IF you can specifically state whats wrong with them, known problems, unique problems, past problems that were corrected, ect., please chime in.
I DO NOT WANT BS ANSWERS THAT DONT INCLUDE FACTUAL INFORMATION. Dont come here to bitch & moan, if you can answer the question, please chime in.
If not- STAY OUT.
DISCLOSURE: EARLY 1990's..I want to say 1992-93...I ordered one of the first Kimber 1911's in my geographical area. The gunshop hadnt even HEARD of them. Took awhile to get it, was a very low serial number...just over 1000.
Shot the hell out of that gun. I was into 1911's heavily then, as were many. After a few years, about the only problem I had was the FP STOP would slide down enough to jam the gun. Did it twice months apart in two matches. One I still won, it cost me one. I tried a few different mags, it would NOT run with Chip McCormick Shooting star mags. The black Colt factory mags ran well. Had the gun about 10 years and sold it and soon after went all Glock & never looked back. So, Ive had some experiance with them, but apparently something has changed. This is for informational purpose only, as wont be going back to the 1911's again. Someone asked me this and I flat dont know.
Thank yall for any info you may provide.