Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any reason to have undue difficulty installing an Magill MOE 7" Carbine Handguards ?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Double tap
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-04-21 at 00:10.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Its good to hear you got it together.

In my opinion, the Magpul handguards are not a step down from the Troy (or any other) drop-in quad rail unless you need mounting space.

My Troy rail is pretty fat and heavy. It came with the upper that I used to build an M4 look-alike, and it is fine for me in that role. Admittedly, it is hell-for-stout and rock solid.

My first AR (16" BCM lightweight midlength w/FSB) has worn the Mlok version of the MOE handguards since I bought it and I see no reason to change them. I have a light and IWC QD sling socket installed.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-04-21 at 00:12.

Feedback Score
    THANKS Andy, I appreciate the comments ! I pretty much feel the same about the Magpul MOE's, they will perform just fine, provided you not interested in mounting a ton of accessories on them. I honestly could have just got by with my MOE, without the Troy, but I couldn't see passing it up for the $99 I got it for, even if I set it to the side for possible future use. My 1993 vintage Colt 6520 is also wearing an Magpul MOE, as I always planned on keeping it my 'lightweight duty' weapon, with just a white light & swivel attachment on the opposite side. I absolutely love the handling qualities of it, although I'm not too sure I'd want to engage heavy so to speak with it, as that skinny barrel would get quite hot, quite fast. That's another reason I went with the SOCOM profile on my BCM, specifically for that purpose. I try not to add too much accessory weight to my arms, for if I'm going to lug an 11 lb weapon, I'll use my 7.62 Springfield SOCOM M1A, or my LMT MWS, right ? And that is one reason I love my 6.8 AR, same weight, yet larger & heavier projectile. Take care Buddy,

Dom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12