Thread: Which of these .45's feed flat nosed lead best?

Feedback Score

Which of these .45's feed flat nosed lead best?

Trading a buddy, have LPP to use, he has a few .45's to trade.

I've fired each of them but none with lead FN bullets. Doesn't have to feed semi-wadcutters but feeding flat nosed lead would be nice.

S&W M&P Sheild 2.0 .45
    S&W M&P 2.0 Full Size .45
    HK USP Full Size .45

I'm good about cleaning so I'm not worried about lead in the HK assuming it has poly rifling.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I have no experience with the S&W guns, however I’ve had the HK USP and USP Compact and can say they feed SWC and hard cast without issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Trading a buddy, have LPP to use, he has a few .45's to trade.

I've fired each of them but none with lead FN bullets. Doesn't have to feed semi-wadcutters but feeding flat nosed lead would be nice.

S&W M&P Sheild 2.0 .45
    S&W M&P 2.0 Full Size .45
    HK USP Full Size .45

I'm good about cleaning so I'm not worried about lead in the HK assuming it has poly rifling.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I have no experience with the S&W guns, however I’ve had the HK USP and USP Compact and can say they feed SWC and hard cast without issues.
    Thanks!

I found a few threads about reloading for the S&W full size and it's not especially finicky or anything like that.

I do recall preferring the S&W grip greatly, being very accurate with it, and he has several magazines for it.

This very pistol is one of two of the most accurate pistols I've had. Even though the trigger is good, not great. The other being a CZ P01 9mm I was smart enough to keep.

Feedback Score
    Had an HK a few years back, never had any issues feeding any type of .45 ammo, even a friends reloads.

Feedback Score
    The Hensley and Gibbs HG68 200gr bullet is a SWC with a shoulder. It has been a standard for 1911 .45 competitors for decades. I have personally shot many thousands of them in a few 1911 pistols and found it to feed better than most other bullets.
    I do not have experience with that bullet in the 3 pistols that you mention. Although I would recommend you try it.
    Billy

US Army Retired, NRA Life member, M/C mechanic, Gunsmith

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushytale View Post
    The Hensley and Gibbs HG68 200gr bullet is a SWC with a shoulder. It has been a standard for 1911 .45 competitors for decades. I have personally shot many thousands of them in a few 1911 pistols and found it to feed better than most other bullets.
    I do not have experience with that bullet in the 3 pistols that you mention. Although I would recommend you try it.
    Thanks.

I've got the S&W M&P .45 back.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have shot 200g swc through a full size MP without any problems.

The USP has a polygonal rifled barrel. Be careful using uncoated lead bullets in it

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I had an HK45 that would cycle CCI shotshells, so I can't imagine a USP45 or HK45 would have problems with lead flatnose.

My father has had a USP45 for about 25 years and frequently runs lead bullets through it. But he also cleans it after every range session and puts no more than 100-150 rounds through it at a range session; if I wanted to run lead bullets through an H&K, I'd do the same.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -