Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me pick Geissele trigger

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    For a CQB rifle, I'd recommend against the SSA-E. I ended up changing springs on my SSA-E because it was too light. I'd look at the SSA or G2S trigger for your use.
    I think I remember you saying you replaced them with a SSA spring set. If so, did you compare that directly to an SSA?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    SSA and SD-C are the only triggers I use in my rifles.

SD-C took a good bit of range time to get used to running. Working on splits were challenging for me because of the more forward location of the bow. Running at speed I would short stroke the trigger a lot. Once I figured it out, I was good to go.

SBR and HD/SHTF rifles run SD-C. Precision type rifles run SSA. One caveat, I have a post ban large pin Colt lower that runs an SSA large pin trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    Trigger is going in my 11.5"

Cant decide between SSA and SD-C. Yes I know they are the same trigger minus one being curved and one if flat. I think physically I like the look of the regular curved trigger. Any reason to go with flat over curved? I keep going back and forth and can't decide.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I went with the SD-C. I have big hands so hoping the straight trigger will give me a little bit more length of pull for trigger finger.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've also put SSA springs in an SSA-E and the weight becomes essentially the same as the SSA, with the only difference being in the crispness of the break. Something, incidentally, that you only notice when looking for it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I think I remember you saying you replaced them with a SSA spring set. If so, did you compare that directly to an SSA?
    Correct, that is what Geissele told me to do..
    I did not because I do not have access to a SSA. But it still breaks cleaner, of course, than the G2S trigger I have. FWIW, I've become a fan of the ALG QMS trigger for non-precision rifles.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 07-02-21 at 19:07.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Take a look at the Wilson TTU single stage triggers.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Correct, that is what Geissele told me to do..
    I did not because I do not have access to a SSA. But it still breaks cleaner, of course, than the G2S trigger I have. FWIW, I've become a fan of the ALG QMS trigger for non-precision rifles.
    I’ve had this sneaking suspicion that a SSA-E with stiffer springs would be a really sweet setup, compared to a SSA or G2S. The new SSA-X or whatever they decided to call it is pretty cool, too.

My 2c for the OP: I’m currently using a SSA with a Larue HD spring, because I’m hoping to break the universe. And also because I had to send my favorite trigger in for servicing, and the G was my backup plan. The SSA-E is very nice, also.

Along the lines of what GH41 said: I’m a huge fan of the Wilson “Paul Howe” TTU. You may find both it and the SSA-E to be on the light side, a little less so with the Paul Howe. But, as noted above, you can mess with springs with the G triggers, if so desired.
    Last edited by 1168; 07-02-21 at 19:39.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Cant decide between SSA and SD-C. Yes I know they are the same trigger minus one being curved and one if flat. I think physically I like the look of the regular curved trigger. Any reason to go with flat over curved? I keep going back and forth and can't decide.

Flat vs curved is personal preference. Some say that Flat triggers feel like they break with lighter pressure which may or may not be beneficial to you for a hd rifle. I know that Larue MBTs (curved but wider than a SSA and having the same pull weights) feel this way to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Primary Arms had a Geissele trigger today on sale for like $116 bucks or there about. I cant remember which one it is but I will go back and find it and report back. It was in stock a couple hours ago.

Ok the one I saw was actually $114.99 is the Geissele G2S two stage trigger.

The SSA Two Stage was $174.99 it was a normal curve bow.

The SD-E Two Stage was $189.99 and it is a Flat Face Trigger.

Dang good prices for a top of the line trigger in my opinion. I believe this sale runs the entire 4th of July weekend.

I personally prefer a Flat Face Trigger in my Rifles and Pistols, I just like the feel. If it offers anything else that is just extra for me. My Girlfriend cant stand them, all of hers are Curved Triggers. My Daughter, she doesn't care, she just wants to shoot. 🤣 If you can, and a friend has a Flat Face Trigger in anything, try it and see if you like it, some people don't. I really like them but the Girlfriend says she cant seem to hit the same spot on the trigger time after time. Hers has more to do drawing a pistol from concealment than a Rifle tho but being a woman, all the Flat Triggers suck. 🤣

Don't know if this helps any but good luck 🤙
    Last edited by Spooky1; 07-02-21 at 20:12.

Feedback Score
    Two of my Colts have G SSAs @ $240.00 each, and I'm honestly thinking of going back to my OEM Colt triggers. Nothing negative on Geissele, but preferences are what they are.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast