Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick Geissele trigger

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    Get this Hiperfire instead. A single stage trigger that is great. I do not get why folks would want to put a 2 stage trigger on anything that is not more of a precision rifle.

https://www.hiperfire.com/product/hipertouch-elite/
    This is nothing more than thread litter.

Why do people insist on posting something completely off topic to push their favorite brand.

No OP don’t do this……you are on the right track.

My only experience between these two is the SSA which is a trigger you won’t regret.

If I followed the posts correctly you went the other way which I am sure will be fine as well.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Jumping in late, but…. I would recommend the Geissele Super Tricon to split the difference. I switched out for SSA-E springs currently, though I may switch back.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks guys. I ordered the SD-C on here from a member. I just decided to try the flat trigger just to see what I thought about it. If I dont like it I will list it in EE and get the SSA. I see people recommending single stage but I just feel like a 2 stage is just a little safer in a high stress scenario but hopefully I will never find out. I have a CMC in another gun and while its a very nice crisp trigger any rearward movement of the trigger sets it off and I dont think thats good for a defensive/shtf gun. Doesn't mean I'm right just my opinion...

I have the Hi Speed National Match in my 20" and I would put it up against any other long range precision type trigger. I have found nothing that compares

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    Thanks guys. I ordered the SD-C on here from a member. I just decided to try the flat trigger just to see what I thought about it.
    My personal fav, the SD-C. Love that flat trigger bow.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    SSA is nothing special, same feeling for me as an MBT. SSAE is much better.

I have both, under stress I cannot tell much of a difference, as both are on red dot equipped MK18's.

Its more of a CQB defense rifle. I feel this one may be too light from what geissele says

Too light for what? Do you "CQB" with your finger on the trigger when it shouldn't be?

Totally don't get this argument with the SSAE.
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 07-03-21 at 02:53.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like the SSAs on my HD guns.....but have an MBT on my Larue, well because it is a Larue Ultimate Upper paired with a Larue lower.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Jumping in late, but…. I would recommend the Geissele Super Tricon to split the difference. I switched out for SSA-E springs currently, though I may switch back.
    Here's another vote for the Super Tricon. I have this trigger on a couple of my rifles, and really like it. Only reason I don't have more is that compared to the SSA and SSA-E, the ST has been much more difficult to find in stock. I have a mix of SSA and SSA-E triggers on the rest of my AR's. For HD, go with the SSA.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Thanks guys. I ordered the SD-C on here from a member. I just decided to try the flat trigger just to see what I thought about it. If I dont like it I will list it in EE and get the SSA. I see people recommending single stage but I just feel like a 2 stage is just a little safer in a high stress scenario but hopefully I will never find out. I have a CMC in another gun and while its a very nice crisp trigger any rearward movement of the trigger sets it off and I dont think thats good for a defensive/shtf gun. Doesn't mean I'm right just my opinion...

I have the Hi Speed National Match in my 20" and I would put it up against any other long range precision type trigger. I have found nothing that compares

A 4.5# single stage trigger is much safer than a 4.5# 2 stage once you put your finger on it. In your "high stress scenario" you will not gain any advantage having the 2 stage.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)

A 4.5# single stage trigger is much safer than a 4.5# 2 stage once you put your finger on it. In your "high stress scenario" you will not gain any advantage having the 2 stage.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Curved v Flat. For the undisciplined shooter which is the vast majority of us and I say this without negativity, trigger engagement is lacking. A curved trigger easily allows the shooter to pull or hook the shot as the trigger is pressed, Like when the shooter doesn't use the recommended finger pad and places the trigger in the finger crook or the "2nd" pad. A flat trigger pretty much eliminates that phenomenon. Of course this is only my opinion based on personal experiences and observations of others.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast