Thread: CZ 75B Omega

Feedback Score

CZ 75B Omega

This variant of the CZ 75 has (to my understanding) an improved trigger, a swappable safety/decocker, and a recontoured hammer. Weight and dimensions are the same as the standard CZ 75.

Is this just a tweak or a significant upgrade over the CZ 75B?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It basically borrows the convertible trigger group from the P-07/09 series. If you want the ability to swap back and forth it’ll give you that and I personally found the trigger better. To me the Omega trigger is more of a smooth even pull from rest to break as opposed to the factory 75 trigger which is very heavy at the front of the pull due to the geometry of the fire control group.

One thing I didn’t care for with the standard decocker 75s is the decocker lever is located at the very rear of the frame. The Omega decocker is located much more forward, just aft of the slide lock, which feels much more natural.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would NOT call it improved unless one is viewing the convertible feature - it is also easier to strip and work on. The first OMEGA was NOT convertible - the models that are sold now are. They are also NOT as robust (as at least one misinformed video reviewer has mumbled). They are made if stamped sheet metal for parts.

If you like the decocker to move forward in operation, they are good for you. In my experience, they can induce stacking problems more so than the regular action - the 75 action has a double trigger bar which can be smoother, and when polished and worked on, can be utterly smooth. Also, if you install CGW parts the 75 can be pretty amazing. Can you get a normal 75 that stacks considerably? YES. BUT... the normally have greater potential.

They ARE different. If I had ONE 75B, I would have a normal action. I have an Omega P01 and after MUCH work (I mean likely 30 hours) it is VERY nice. It took a TON of work.