Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300 blackout length

Feedback Score

300 blackout length

So I have a 16” BCM blackout really like it but now my can was released. Want something shorter and lighter. Thinking 12.5” but what do people like about going shorter.

Feedback Score
    Lighter, more movable . But it depends what it going to be used used for.

I run a 8.5" with a can.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    IIRC AAC designed the 300 bo to be ran suppressed and unsuppressed out of a 9" barrel. They only sold a 9" barrel and a 16" for those wanting to avoid the nfa paperwork. So I ended up with a 9" barrel and it runs great buth suppressed, unsuppressed, supers and subs.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't think you gain a lot going to a 12" barrel, Mrgunsandgerar did a pretty good youtube on mv with different barrel lengths, 8.5 to 10 seems to be the sweet spot with supers.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input. Really like the Bravo mk 2 uppers, any others to look at? Like my SOLGW 13.7 as well. Will be putting it on a BCM lower might SBR it.
    Last edited by Jev; 07-04-21 at 22:08.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jev View Post
    Thanks for the input. Really like the Bravo mk 2 uppers, any others to look at? Like my SOLGW 13.7 as well. Will be putting it on a BCM lower might SBR it.
    Go somewhere between 8-10". The 9" SOLGW would be a great option. I've contemplated switching out my BA Henson 8.3" to the SOLGW 9" due to the gaping port on the BA. That thing is way too big.

I opted to get the BRT EZ tune gas tube instead, but the 9" SOLGW would be my first choice if switching barrels.

Feedback Score
    It's been my experience that when you drop below 9" the 1/5 twist barrels work better for accuracy. The Honey Badger has a 7" barrel and is very accurate running supers in the 150 gr range, which is the easiest ammo to find reasonably these days.

Alternately, my BCM 9" is a ringer too.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GAST View Post
    Alternately, my BCM 9" is a ringer too.
    This is the route I'm taking.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    i started out with a 9" barrel for my 300 blk which is a good middle ground for shooting a mix of subs and supers of varying bullet weights. after trying out a few different setups i ended up going with a 6" barrel to keep my short barrel rifle short , with the can attached

what suppressor did you pick up ?

Feedback Score
    Rugged Radiant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast