Thread: Modernizing the Mk 12 SPR: Recce or Not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Here's another serious question: Does a 16'' have an advantage over 14.5'' in a DMR/SPR type setup?
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill.

https://learningfromhistory.weebly.com/

Feedback Score
    To me, the SPR was to take down things from 200-600 yards. I used my JP upper with 18inch, rifle length adjustable gas and LMOS operating system and hydraulic buffer. Oh- so sweet recoil impulse and the ability to see splash and take follow-ups. I’ve topped it with a 3-15Premier when focusing on long distance, before the 1-8/10x scope came out. I had a 3-15 when a 2-10 would be the more natural choice. I run a 1-8 on it now. To me, the SPR was a long range capable, hence the 18inch barrel and big scope. I think the scope technology getting with the 1-8/10 scope has made 2-10s redundant. 1-8/10 give you ‘red dot’ and the ability to reach out with a tree reticle on higher power.

Two stage G-trigger, slick JP fore-end with a Harris Bipod.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.