Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 22lr pistol to shoot suppressed?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I use S&W 22 Compact with Sparrow for my first pistol for CCW students. It is very similar to the S&W Shield, so that aids in migration to defensive cartridge training.

Just my 2c

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Any issues with a Walther P22Q? I like mine but I haven't gotten a suppressor yet for it..looking at the Dead Air Mask

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

22lr pistol to shoot suppressed?

S&W 422. You can actually use the sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sikiguya; 07-06-21 at 23:27.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Since I carry a 2011 and still occasionally a 1911 I prefer a .22 upper (Marvel or Nelson) on a 1911 frame.
    Controls and trigger the same as carry guns that way.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I went with G44 for my Mask, and sold my Smith. There wasn’t anything wrong with my Smith, I just wasn’t really shooting it much. No idea what threads it has. I’m super happy with my G44. Anybody that carries a G19 should consider buying one.
    Is the threaded barrel for the G44 1/2" x 28 tpi? Or is it the M7-.75 or whatever those metric BTP numbers are? thus requiring the 1/2 x 28 adapter?
    I'm not totally opposed, but also not a fan of using a thread on adapter to make my thread on suppressor work. It starts to make too many points where there could be a flaw that could cause a baffle strike. Which I've seen due to that exact issue. The "knee bone is connected to the ankle bone, the ankle bone is connected to the foot bone" sort of thinking. I want to avoid that if possible.
    I've shot G44's and really like them. But leaning towards the Mark IV. I've got to get to the LGS to hold whatever I can.
    Last edited by matemike; 07-06-21 at 19:00.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    Is the threaded barrel for the G44 1/2" x 28 tpi? Or is it the M7-.75 or whatever those metric BTP numbers are? thus requiring the 1/2 x 28 adapter?
    I'm not totally opposed, but also not a fan of using a thread on adapter to make my thread on suppressor work. It starts to make too many points where there could be a flaw that could cause a baffle strike. Which I've seen due to that exact issue. The "knee bone is connected to the ankle bone, the ankle bone is connected to the foot bone" sort of thinking. I want to avoid that if possible.
    I've shot G44's and really like them. But leaning towards the Mark IV. I've got to get to the LGS to hold whatever I can.
    Its 1/2” x 28. Well, it comes with an adapter for 1/2” x 28. I don’t think a 1/2” thread with a shoulder would fit through the hole in the slide.

I hope I’m saying this clearly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the Sig 1911-22, just had to get a thread adapter. It is about the same weight as a normal 1911. It was $100 more than the 1911 conversion kit. Runs great with my Spectre II and gemtech GM-22.

Then I have 2 MK III’s 22/45. One I bought new and did the standard mods for trigger improvement and magazine disconnect removal since it had the threaded barrel. The other MKIII was used (was a demo model) with the standard mods already done and had a red dot on it. All work great with the Spectre II and the GM-22.

I do have a MKII in stainless with the 10” barrel. I will not thread the barrel on my MKII. If I can find a 6” slab side or 6” bull barrel for not horrendous prices I may have it threaded as I prefer the MKII.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have 3 Mk III 22/45s (2 Lite's, one bull barrel I had threaded), and they are great hosts - if you dont mind changing the bushing and LCI out. ($25 in parts that change the gun completely)

The Ruger SR22 (3.5") runs great with a can and bulk ammo, dont know about SV stuff as I save it for guns that send stuff out at supersonic speeds.

The original Walther P22 has been a great host for cans, sample size of 3. No issues that arent speedy and simple amongst the 3.

Sig mosquito sucked. dumped it after getting it to function with mini mags (with disclosure to buyer).

If starting from zero I would probably be running Mk IV 22/45s, Taurus TX22 (for the capacity), G44, or the SR22s now. Maybe a Buckmark, but just havent had luck finding them often around me to play with. I really wish the G44 had 15 or 20rd mags... Or they make a G42/43 size with 10 or 12 rounds.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post

Dont worry too much about adapter to can - it is fairly common with .22 pistols, as they rarely have barrels big enough for 1/2" threads. The adapter is factory for a bunch of guns, and very common for aftermarket stuff too:

https://silencerco.com/shop/delta-adapter/

Feedback Score
    Dont discount the Taurus TX22. It cones with a threaded barrel and they are very reliable.

I was hesitant to buy one because of the brand, but i love mine. They just came out with a competition model as well that has RDS mount and looks really good

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast