Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 22lr pistol to shoot suppressed?

Feedback Score
    Ruger Mark IV lite gets my vote.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Dont discount the Taurus TX22. It cones with a threaded barrel and they are very reliable.

I was hesitant to buy one because of the brand, but i love mine. They just came out with a competition model as well that has RDS mount and looks really good
    I had the same misgivings about the TX22, which is why I opted for the ruger mk iv.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Any issues with a Walther P22Q? I like mine but I haven't gotten a suppressor yet for it..looking at the Dead Air Mask
    I don't have the P22Q, but I do have the Walther PPQ Tactical 22 SD. Mine has a fixed frame mounted barrel. Cycles just fine with or without the suppressor. The P22Q appears to mount the barrel the same so you should be fine. Just feed it quality ammo, but that's true for any 22.

I also have a Ruger 22/45 Lite but I find the Walther is not as finicky on ammo. Run a Spectre II.

Feedback Score
    I couldn't find a lite when I was shopping, so I ended up bringing home the tactical version. It's a wonderful little shooter. We have a lot of fun with it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You have a G19? Get a G44 and the threaded barrel. I have a G44 and a Ruger Lite. The ability to correspond with your G19 size/fit etc is worth the hassle. Neither has more pros or cons to much extent. Does the threaded barrel need an adapter? Yes but once it’s on and snug I have not had a problem. It’s not 5.56 blasting it loose all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Ruger Mark IV is what you seek!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Shot a G44 w/ can yesterday. I will be buying one shortly. Historically I have preferred Browning model .22 autos because of ease of takedown (Ruger model redesigns alleviate that) and I’ve read on the webs that the Browning designs are quieter when suppressed. Had an original Ruger 22/45 when I was a kid and it was ok enough. I wish a company would make a slide lock for suppressed .22 pistols, like the Hushpuppys of Vietnam vintage.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hi-wayman View Post
    I don't have the P22Q, but I do have the Walther PPQ Tactical 22 SD. Mine has a fixed frame mounted barrel. Cycles just fine with or without the suppressor. The P22Q appears to mount the barrel the same so you should be fine. Just feed it quality ammo, but that's true for any 22.

I also have a Ruger 22/45 Lite but I find the Walther is not as finicky on ammo. Run a Spectre II.
    Thanks..I also have a Ruger 22/45 Lite...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I bought a Ruger Tactical MK IV 22/45. The pic rail extended just a bit past the end of the bbl which caused problems. Easily fixed. Trigger is meh. Can see the sights fine over my TBAC 22 takedown suppressor (1" diameter IIRC).

Would have preferred a Browning Buckmark suppressor-ready model but couldn't find one in this environment.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    MK IV 22/45 Lite and then go to Tandem Kross and drop a couple hundred more and it will be a great gun.

I installed the Volquartsen Firearms Accurizing Kit with the Victory Trigger and figured I would add the Halo charging handle while I was at it. I think the Halo adds weight and not very aesthetically pleasing, however it adds a little balance when suppressed and sure is easy for the initial charge. It also saved my dad’s knuckle from being smacked with the ridiculous grip he was about the use. The naked bolt would have surely came back and got him, the Halo made it obvious it was about to be a bad day.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 07-10-21 at 06:22.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast