Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 22lr pistol to shoot suppressed?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    MK IV 22/45 Lite and then go to Tandem Kross and drop a couple hundred more and it will be a great gun.

I installed the Volquartsen Firearms Accurizing Kit with the Victory Trigger and figured I would add the Halo charging handle while I was at it. I think the Halo adds weight and not very aesthetically pleasing, however it adds a little balance when suppressed and sure is easy for the initial charge. It also saved my dad’s knuckle from being smacked with the ridiculous grip he was about the use. The naked bolt would have surely came back and got him, the Halo made it obvious it was about to be a bad day.
    I’d changed 4 things first to a 22/45 Lite.

1.The fiber optic front sight
    2.extractor
    3.firing pin
    4.Blast shield

Our SASP team pistol is running like a singer sewing machine with all sorts of ammo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikiguya View Post

2.extractor
    3.firing pin
    4.Blast shield

Our SASP team pistol is running like a singer sewing machine with all sorts of ammo.

I was running my H2 on it for a bit, but that got repurposed and a Sig Romeo sits on it now.

I am holding off on the rest of those you mentioned as I am not having any issues yet.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Wow I did not realize how long I was looking for a 22 pistol. My suppressor stamp won’t be here til December or January, so that’s one excuse for dragging my feet.

I decided on a Mark iv 22/45 Lite. It took this long because I wanted to purchase in person and I was pretty skeptical about the color scheme all the way down to the color of the trigger and bolt. I ended up with a Bill Hick's version that is the model number # 43942.

I had purchased a holosun 507c-x2 with pic rail attachment from a member here. It was sitting in a drawer waiting on the pistol to be acquired. So the sight was installed immediately after getting the pistol home. Believe it or not, the sight was aligned perfectly when looking through the barrel bore.
    I got it to the range yesterday and shot about 250 rounds of various ammo. The only ammo I had issues with was some Norma subsonic stuff that would not eject about 1/4 of the time. Everything else, Rem 1280 fps gold hollow points, Win 1280 fps target lead round nose and Win high velocity 1455 fps all worked flawlessly besides one of the Win target rounds did not feed all the way into battery. I think the bullet was angled in the case and that's why it did not chamber.

The trigger take up and break are fine for my skill and accuracy, but it gave me "trigger bite" worse than any other handgun I've ever shot before. That list consists of but not limited to: many glock 9mm's, beretta and sig 9mm's, glock and sig 22lr's, S&W shield 40, ruger 357 mag, several 38 specials, S&W 500 (never shot 250 rounds in a day with that one) and I'm sure there are more. But like I said this mark iv made my finger feeling a little pinched yesterday after the range. So I think I'll be looking into the TK flat faced trigger. I would get the whole trigger kit, but most seem to be recommending the trigger kit from Volquartsen and I want the red flat faced trigger to match my red barrel. I asked in another thread; I think I can get the VQ kit without the trigger and just get the TK red trigger as long as I use the OEM plunger and plunger spring. Will someone please correct me if I am wrong?

This pistol is going to host a Dead Air Mask suppressor. Anyway, I played around with a standard birdcage and an AAC brake AR-15 muzzle devices yesterday while plinking around. Holy cow did those make excessive carbon build up on my muzzle. I could tell it was because when the device shouldered up the the barrel shroud, the threads were not bottomed out so the muzzle was still "exposed" within the confines of each device. Neither of those two .223 /5.56 muzzle devices made a big difference in total perceived recoil, but the brake did make the report louder and the recoil felt shorter lived, more of a pop than a push and the birdcage made the recoil more straight back with a little less muzzle flip. But the carbon build up is not worth the outcome.

So two questions:

Is the suppressor going seat properly against the barrel shroud on my Mark Iv and the carbon will go mostly into the can?

AND

If I ever get a compensator for the mark iv, do those seat properly and not allow so much carbon build up on the barrel's muzzle?
    Last edited by matemike; 09-30-21 at 23:32.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikiguya View Post

2.extractor
    3.firing pin
    4.Blast shield

What parts manufacturer do you recommend...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got an Ruger SR22 and that thing is fun to shoot and eats everything. They do sell a threaded barrel version or Tandemkross will sell you a threaded barrel for it.

I've heard good things about the new FN502 Tactical. Has threaded barrel, suppressor height sights, is optic ready and the mag holds 15 rounds.

https://fnamerica.com/502tactical/

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    So two questions:

Is the suppressor going seat properly against the barrel shroud on my Mark Iv and the carbon will go mostly into the can?

AND

If I ever get a compensator for the mark iv, do those seat properly and not allow so much carbon build up on the barrel's muzzle?
    It depends. I’m assuming your pistol has the shorter (proper) .22lr 1/2x28 thread length and not the 1/2x28 for 5.56. I have a SiCo can that I had to buy an adapter for. The smith that cut threads into all of my .22 barrels cut them the longer length, even my M&P15-22 came from the factory with the longer length. The longer threads didn’t effect my AAC Pilot but the SiCo has a o-ring to reduce carbon buildup on the threads and the longer threads on the barrels wouldn’t allow the can to seat all the way. So I have the opposite issue you have. You’re just going to have to play around with the setup.

Feedback Score
    My Ruger MK IV Tactical with a Volquartsen accurizing kit and Rugged Oculus is absolutely sublime.

I’ve shot a number of other .22lr/suppressor combos, and I’m not aware of any others that match up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Dont discount the Taurus TX22. It cones with a threaded barrel and they are very reliable.

I was hesitant to buy one because of the brand, but i love mine. They just came out with a competition model as well that has RDS mount and looks really good
    I second this.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Browning Buckmark or Ruger Mk-IV

For serious use, these two designs have been proven.
    Last edited by Biggy; 02-21-22 at 13:55.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234