Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help choosing upper for Radian Lower

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Help choosing upper for Radian Lower

I have been wanting a Radian lower for a while now and finally got one. I would like to use their upper receiver also to match the lower but from what I have read they are proprietary with their handguard. Anyone know if this is true? If so do they make a good handguard and should I go that route? If not what would yall recommend as a good billet upper than would look good on this lower?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    More than likely you could get it to work, but it would probably require machining and not match up the way you’d hope. If you want to order the Radian upper and handguard you’ll be waiting a while, unless you want to put in the work to track one down.

Otherwise, I think the lower looks fine using a forged upper and a lot of the billet uppers out there.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Didn't Radian take over MEGA? When I got my MEGA ambi lower you had 2 choices.. One to fit their upper and one for the standard forged upper.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Didn't Radian take over MEGA? When I got my MEGA ambi lower you had 2 choices.. One to fit their upper and one for the standard forged upper.
    No, that was Zev Tech. The option between the Mega billet lowers matching a forged upper or their billet one has been an option for a very long time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Nope.

If you want to match, go with a Radian upper.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't recall anything proprietary about how the rail interfaces with the upper receiver. A lot of manufacturers design their rails to mate to their specific barrel nut using their specific bolt pattern, therefore they usually supply the nut with the rail. Some don't and require you purchase the nut separately. If you don't opt for the Radian, it's likely it won't match, but it should certainly mate up and function correctly. That said, I mated a Radian upper/handguard combo to my Radian lower, and it's a perfect pairing.
    Last edited by Joelski; 07-07-21 at 11:41.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Nope.

If you want to match, go with a Radian upper.
    Can I use radian upper receiver with another manufacturers handguard I guess is what I'm really wanting to know.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I don't recall anything proprietary about how the rail interfaces with the upper receiver. A lot of manufacturers design their rails to mate to their specific barrel nut using their specific bolt pattern, therefore they usually supply the nut with the rail. Some don't and require you purchase the nut separately. If you don't opt for the Radian, it's likely it won't match, but it should certainly mate up and function correctly. That said, I mated a Radian upper/handguard combo to my Radian lower, and it's a perfect pairing.
    I've heard their handguards are heavy. Is this the case with yours?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    Can I use radian upper receiver with another manufacturers handguard I guess is what I'm really wanting to know.
    No, not really. Whats wrong with their rail?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Stick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast