Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't tranport guns on a public way in MA?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Can't tranport guns on a public way in MA?

Not allowed to transport firearms between states on a public way in MA at 1:13? That is completely false via 18 U.S. Code § 926A - Interstate transportation of firearms and others. If that's the only charge they have on these guys, it's not going to stick. Now, The People's Republic of MA (which I left 6 years ago...) and other states like NY and NJ, are well known for ignoring federal laws about the legality of transporting firearms between states, but to make the claim openly like that is interesting and telling of how little MA respects the legal and Constitutional Rights (capital R) of citizens. As for the group itself, I can't comment, but they may be harmless wanna be soldier types looking to play war games to a legit threat who need to be investigated. That they didn't choose to get into a firefight with LE ( a good thing!), suggests the former...

Last edited by WillBrink; 07-05-21 at 11:05.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’ve been following this. I feel the officers’ core transaction is weak, but I’m also not knowledgeable about Massachusetts law. I mean, why even stop at a disabled vehicle any more? Literally everyone has a cell phone. In the 90’s, yes, stop at disabled vehicles, but not now. Then it becomes a standoff because the guys minding their own business but in possession of a firearm are asked for ID? Moderately weak.

But also the dudes could have avoided it ALL by being discreet. CCW, man! Why show off your wares? Then even if the cop stopped, a couple dudes say “nah, we’re fine, got some gas right here. Thanks for checking, Officer, have a nice night..”

But maybe there is more to the story..

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    I’ve been following this. I feel the officers’ core transaction is weak, but I’m also not knowledgeable about Massachusetts law. I mean, why even stop at a disabled vehicle any more? Literally everyone has a cell phone. In the 90’s, yes, stop at disabled vehicles, but not now. Then it becomes a standoff because the guys minding their own business but in possession of a firearm are asked for ID? Moderately weak.

But also the dudes could have avoided it ALL by being discreet. CCW, man! Why show off your wares? Then even if the cop stopped, a couple dudes say “nah, we’re fine, got some gas right here. Thanks for checking, Officer, have a nice night..”

But maybe there is more to the story..
    It does not trump federal law and note specific statement made regarding that issue in the OP. I'm unclear what the full charges are, but if that's what they rest on as justification, it will fall apart rapidly. But, MA et al does not care, it will be charged to the tax payers and the group will spend a fortune and time defending themselves, and that's all MA aims for: make it clear to legal gun owners they don't care about or follow federal law RE, legal transport between states, so don't go through MA. NJ, CT and NY, have done similar various times.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    “The Rise of the Moors”? Sounds like NFAC. What a bunch of clowns. Doesn’t change the BS laws in MA and their application, but these guys sound like poster boys for armed RevCom retards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    If the rifles were unloaded and secured in a locked case MA would have no case. Of course, there would have been no arrests if it was a bunch of dudes in normal clothes with a gas can. State Patrol would probably have confirmed they were not drunk and wished then a good trip.

My thought is that the Rise of the Moors got the publicity they were looking for. Plenty of "BLM" types will pay their legal costs, and they will get lots of hits on some media platform.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    “The Rise of the Moors”? Sounds like NFAC. What a bunch of clowns. Doesn’t change the BS laws in MA and their application, but these guys sound like poster boys for armed RevCom retards.

The Moorish Temple is a black sovereign citizen movement. Their behavior and beliefs are almost identical to that of white sovereign citizens. They're huge pains in the ass both to law enforcement and non-law enforcement alike; they go around starting shit and then acting surprised when they get arrested.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post

To be sure, they smell of clowns like a French cat house smells like cheap perfume, but I'm mostly focusing on the statement made by the Col RE transportation on a public way - a federal hwy no less - is an arrestable offense as a general statement of law. It is possible the way they were transporting was not legal, and that's supported by the claim they ran off into the woods "heavily armed" but what the truth if of that too I don't know, or how/why they were pulled over, etc. There's a surprisingly little amount of intel on this one so far.

Most recent I found, and they do sound like total clowns:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/07/...ment-date-set/
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    If the rifles were unloaded and secured in a locked case MA would have no case. Of course, there would have been no arrests if it was a bunch of dudes in normal clothes with a gas can. State Patrol would probably have confirmed they were not drunk and wished then a good trip.

My thought is that the Rise of the Moors got the publicity they were looking for. Plenty of "BLM" types will pay their legal costs, and they will get lots of hits on some media platform.

Andy
    Articles claim they ran off into the woods with firearms, so if correct, not transporting legally through a state they did not have have licensing for. But per OP, MA, like other NE states, does not care about fed law and they don't actually care if they have no case. Lose or win, the state sends the message to gun owners that you can follow fed law to the letter, and if you get stopped while in transit, expect to lose the guns, a lot of time and $, etc, and don't come through "our" state and Col of the state PD said so publicly this time it appears.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Nice muzzle discipline with that slung weapon.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I just think it’s hilarious that a group of grown men who work so hard at being prepared for bad things ran out of gas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast