Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need mount with 12 o’clock pic rail, around $150

Feedback Score

Need mount with 12 o’clock pic rail, around $150

My needs are simply for a (non qd) mount that can support a pic rail or T1 platform on top of its rings. 12 o’clock position.

I want to add a T1 on top of my NXS 2.5-10 for passive night vision use.
    Staying in the $150 range would be nice, less actually until I figure out if this setup will work for me.

Feedback Score
    Do you have a mount now, it just won’t support the setup you’re looking for? If so, a relatively inexpensive way to experiment with this would be the LaRue LT-787 mount; it’ll let you mount your Aimpoint to the scope tube and play with positioning as you see fit. Just be prepared to wait for it, since LaRue’s lead times and stocking system are godawful.
    Last edited by rockapede; 07-07-21 at 14:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendelshooter View Post
    My needs are simply for a (non qd) mount that can support a pic rail or T1 platform on top of its rings. 12 o’clock position.

I want to add a T1 on top of my NXS 2.5-10 for passive night vision use.
    Staying in the $150 range would be nice, less actually until I figure out if this setup will work for me.
    Reviews are mixed and these are heavy, but they have all the details you requested.

https://www.burrisoptics.com/ar-p.e.p.r.-scope-mount

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Nightforce scope. Aimpoint optic. Night vision use. Mount with secondary features for under $150.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Nightforce scope. Aimpoint optic. Night vision use. Mount with secondary features for under $150.
    What of it?
    Fact is, I have UTG Accu-sync mounts that hold zero as well as Larue, borbo, or ADM.

This is an experiment to see how I like passive NV shooting. No need to drop a lot of coin on something I may not keep.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    Do you have a mount now, it just won’t support the setup you’re looking for? If so, a relatively inexpensive way to get experiment with this would be the LaRue LT-787 mount; it’ll let you mount your Aimpoint to the scope tube and play with positioning as you see fit. Just be prepared to wait for it, since LaRue’s lead times and stocking system are godawful.
    Yes it’s in a larue SPR mount right now. Came off of a mk12 mod1 clone rifle.
    I’ve heard of issues lately with Larue, otherwise I probably would have ordered the 787 already.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Reviews are mixed and these are heavy, but they have all the details you requested.

https://www.burrisoptics.com/ar-p.e.p.r.-scope-mount
    Will check them out, thanks!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendelshooter View Post
    What of it?
    Fact is, I have UTG Accu-sync mounts that hold zero as well as Larue, borbo, or ADM.

This is an experiment to see how I like passive NV shooting. No need to drop a lot of coin on something I may not keep.
    Sure. Jussasgood.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Sure seems like the Reptilia ROF-90 with their AUS or Geissele mount would be what you're looking for but $150 won't come close to covering it.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 07-07-21 at 13:58. Reason: Typo: ROF not POF
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Sure seems like the Reptilia POF-90 with their AUS or Geissele mount would be what you're looking for but $150 won't come close to covering it.
    I like reptilia, and if I like the setup I may go that route.
    I don’t like Geissele. I can’t tell ya why. I have several of their rails and I always replace them. I think the thing that bothers me the most is their fan base lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Sure. Jussasgood.
    Oh do piss off, troll.
    Last edited by Grendelshooter; 07-07-21 at 13:18.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast