Thread: Will a suppressor save your life? No that's hyperbole; CPR will.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Will a suppressor save your life? No that's hyperbole; CPR will.

Gunthotz youtubers review the YHM Turbo K.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZeVvaewux4

Can agree that the blast baffle (diffusion wall?) in mine isn’t being dissolved quickly. Disagree that YHM mounts suck.
    Last edited by 1168; 07-09-21 at 17:10.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    "Do you have a punisher skull tattoo? Get a Yankee Hill." LOL.

I feel like I shouldn't like their channel as much as I do. But I look forward to their videos.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    "Do you have a punisher skull tattoo? Get a Yankee Hill." LOL.

I feel like I shouldn't like their channel as much as I do. But I look forward to their videos.
    Its a guilty pleasure, for sure.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Something I just noticed about my Turbo K: I’ve got it on a Griffin plan A mount on a 12.3” SBR in my safe right next to a 14.5” with Griffin Gate-Lok flash hider (2.25”) pin/weld. They are the exact same length. Mindblowing that this can is so short and works so well.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I disagree with the mount comment. I think the YHM system is great. Love my YHM cans.

LOL they mock posers and then spend a bunch of time sniveling about the mount being ugly. What is the deal with people being so focused on how their guns look?
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by czgunner; 07-10-21 at 22:06.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I disagree with the mount comment. I think the YHM system is great. Love my YHM cans.

LOL they mock posers and then spend a bunch of time sniveling about the mount being ugly. What is the deal with people being so focused on how their guns look?
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I think its one of the best mounting systems available. There is room for improvement, but its still excellent. YHM was doing tapers before it was cool.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I had never heard of these guys their videos have a fun dynamic to them. At least it seems like they are out there shooting and training. That alone puts them avove a lot of channels that just do unboxings or they full write up after just a few hundred rounds.

As to the Turbo K, I don't have one (or any other suppressor) would those that do agree with their findings? My takeaway was that it's not the best but it's cheap (for a can) and is better than shooting unsuppressed.

As to their gripe with the mount, I believe YMH recommends tightening the can all the way down and if it doesn't line the locking ring into one of the channels, they have a little bit of rotation built into the locking ring so that you can manually spin it to lock in without loosening the can.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    As to the Turbo K, I don't have one (or any other suppressor) would those that do agree with their findings? My takeaway was that it's not the best but it's cheap (for a can) and is better than shooting unsuppressed.
    Honestly, its a really good can. Like, if you’re looking for a can of this size (or equivalent with a mount*) it would be a top 2 or 3 recommendation from me. The low price sweetens that, but even at a higher price, it would still be a really good can. Same goes for the Resonators and the half inch longer Turbo. YHM just doesn’t market so hard, and they have non-NFA products, so they don’t have to pay the bills just with cans.

It does a good job at sound reduction, better than its short length would imply. It has an inconel blast baffle/diffusion wall, so thats kind of an upgrade from many stainless cans, if you need it. It is very light due to its tubeless design. The baffles are well thought out, instead of “lets stuff as many identical baffles as we can in there”. There is a decent balance of backpressure vs sound suppression vs length/weight. Down to 12.5”, it seems to work pretty well, and in 14.5” hosts, will surprise you at how well it works. 11.5” and shorter, the longer Turbo is gonna be better.

*keep in mind that we’re talking about a modular mount can. So, even though it is 4.75”, its ~5” from the barrel shoulder with a Plan A or a compact direct thread. Or a little over ~6” with longer mounts like Dead Air.
    RLTW