Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta APXA1…

Feedback Score

Beretta APXA1…

Pretty cool review. I would like to try one. I know some folks here like their APXs. I have yet to handle or shoot one, as all of my LGS’s whore Glock, Sig, S&W etc for the most part.

Would be nice to see them improve the ARX 160 and offer different calibers.

Feedback Score
    I was wondering what was going on with all of the sales with stupid low prices on the APX. I figured that either Beretta was ditching it, or there was a new version in the works.

I hope this works out for them. From the little bit that I handled the APX, I quite liked it. Ultimately, I just couldn't make myself commit to it because I didn't want to be stuck with [another] pistol that the aftermarket fails to support. I've already been down that route with a Beretta 92A1 and FNS-9.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I was wondering what was going on with all of the sales with stupid low prices on the APX. I figured that either Beretta was ditching it, or there was a new version in the works.

I hope this works out for them. From the little bit that I handled the APX, I quite liked it. Ultimately, I just couldn't make myself commit to it because I didn't want to be stuck with [another] pistol that the aftermarket fails to support. I've already been down that route with a Beretta 92A1 and FNS-9.

Agreed, I like the APX a lot, but it never gained any traction. Visually it wasn't what folks wanted, and IMO that was a big deal. The A1 at least looks like a modern polymer pistol, and coupled that with the APX reliability might make it stick this time.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    Kind of like when Walther recontoured the PPX into the Creed. Although it didn't help sales any, and both guns were flops in the marketplace.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The APX 0 is an EXCELLENT handgun. Completely and totally underrated. I own, basically, every mainstream striker fired autoloader and none of them are clearly better and many of them are at least partially inferior. I am very excited to try this new model and see how the trigger and other bits work out. It looks like they aren't pushing the price up in any meaningful way.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    . I am very excited to try this new model and see how the trigger and other bits work out.
    I guess you don't want my Centurion anymore. LOL.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    I really like the feel of my APX. Unfortunately, the modularity is a solution in search of a problem that results in the pistol being excessively wide. To top it off, mine isn't accurate at all.

Feedback Score
    Not in the market for such a pistol but it reminds me of a Ruger.

Just got a 92X RDO Centurion though. Really like it!

Feedback Score
    Ya know, I always hear how a heavy slide helps reduce perceived recoil. It doesn't. Weight in non-reciprocating parts will help. However a big ass heavy slide slamming back and forth increases felt recoil. Especially when it is mounted on a lighter polymer Frame.

The APX is a perfect example of this.
    Last edited by gsd2053; 06-09-22 at 13:12.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    totally disagree. The APX has excellent recoil characteristics in my experience.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast