Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have a Shield Plus?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
    I have a Shield Plus, as well as a P365XL that is my primary carry pistol. I also had a Hellcat but sold that thing quickly.

My thoughts on the Shield Plus. White dot sights are horrifically bad, and slide is not cut for an optic. I bought online and had shipped early on in the release cycle because of the online hype. Learned a lesson about impulse buys.

Shoots accurately, but the sights hold it back. Additional magazines are impossible to find, so you have to be ok with one 10 round and one 13 round.

Sticking with my P365XL which is just a better pistol IMHO. Will probably give the Shield Plus to my wife or oldest daughter.
    Resurrection of thread. All of these ^ issues have now been rectified. Got mine this past weekend with nice night sights and optic cut standard, extra mags have shipped and I’ll have those Thursday. I ran 150 flawless rounds Saturday with no mag “break in” or anything else other than a field strip and lube. This gun shoots very good and handles great. I’ll run a couple hundred more this weekend.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhd1 View Post
    Resurrection of thread. All of these ^ issues have now been rectified. Got mine this past weekend with nice night sights and optic cut standard, extra mags have shipped and I’ll have those Thursday. I ran 150 flawless rounds Saturday with no mag “break in” or anything else other than a field strip and lube. This gun shoots very good and handles great. I’ll run a couple hundred more this weekend.
    Yeah, I updated the sights and put “i Dot” night sights with an orange front sight. Also finally got more mags. No optic but saw they have a new slide version cut for optics at the factory.

Feedback Score
    Yeh I think the optic cut is standard now. Every version at the LGS had the optic cut.

Edit: It’s an option, just found a standard in FDE for the wife, no optic cut.
    Last edited by Animalhd1; 06-08-22 at 09:38.

Feedback Score
    I’ve got 2 regular Hellcats and a Hellcat Pro, and really, really like them. I also have several Shields and one Shield Plus.
    I love all of these, but for these 73 year old, arthritic hands, the Shield Plus is the absolute softest shooting of the bunch. It is also reliable to a fault, accurate, and if you can live without night sights( I can), the stock Shield Plus sights (metal) are extremely good.
    We are in the golden age of carry guns!
    Skip

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper49 View Post
    ……
    Skip
    Certainly agree with that.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper49 View Post
    I’ve got 2 regular Hellcats and a Hellcat Pro, and really, really like them. I also have several Shields and one Shield Plus.
    I love all of these, but for these 73 year old, arthritic hands, the Shield Plus is the absolute softest shooting of the bunch. It is also reliable to a fault, accurate, and if you can live without night sights( I can), the stock Shield Plus sights (metal) are extremely good.
    Skip
    This is not the first time I've heard that M&P's are the softest shooting of the bunch.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    This is not the first time I've heard that M&P's are the softest shooting of the bunch.
    I actually find that my P365X is a softer shooter the Shield Plus. To each his own, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My Shield Plus OR:

Feedback Score
    I have a shield plus pc ported and 4 inch barrel
    I tried a laser trainer cartridge and it didn't work, I thought there was something wrong and tried live fire after. I works just fine just not compatible with the laser

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I had a Shield Plus for awhile, and overall I think it is a decent pistol. If I could change anything on them, I would increase the barrel length of the 3 inch version to a 3.4”- 3.5” inch barrel, then add a Pic rail to all models and then enlarge their small trigger guards. Trigger reset could also be a little stronger. I also think that while you can load 13 rds in the mags, you are really better off overall in term of reliability to just load 12 rds in the mags.
    Last edited by Biggy; 06-09-22 at 10:35.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast