Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which spare parts to keep for Glocks?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I've ordered parts from them before and they have always shipped fast- they currently show Gen4 G19 RSA in stock for $15.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com
    THANK YOU! You rock, man, I've never seen that site before. Outstanding!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    When does the channel liner need to be replaced? I have the firing pin spacer sleeve and spring cups on my list, but not that.
    If someone snaps the striker while the slide is off the frame.

My experience when I had free ammo is most folks can't afford to break a Glock. I've broken two parts on the same gun, Gen 3 G17. Trigger spring-one thing I found is that the trigger will reset if you are aggressive on the reset, meaning running the gun like a rented mule. Locking block pin, removed the remaining half and slide stop and shot it a few more days. The spring was around 40k and the pin, around 75k. I had a gen 4 19 that had over 50k, no breakage. I would run each for at least a week before cleaning but would always hit the connector with a drop. Used grease on the slide/barrel, even in the winter which was as low as 10-15 outside

Having said that I have every part but the barrel to replace on gen 3/4 17/19/26 and a Gen 5 19, even locking blocks
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    RSA and springs in my opinion. I heard the Gen 5 slide lock spring is a good one to have, along with the trigger housing...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I've ordered parts from them before and they have always shipped fast- they currently show Gen4 G19 RSA in stock for $15.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com
    THANKS!!!! You are the MAN!
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I broke a FP on my Gen 3 19 earlier his year on the range. I shudder to think of that in a SD situation.
    Ive got an extra one now. $36 part from MIDWEST.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    If someone snaps the striker while the slide is off the frame.
    How does that damage the channel liner?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    How does that damage the channel liner?
    Not 100% sure, I only know as I did this on my very first Glock and the Glock Armorer told me not to snap it when apart. How it doesn't occur when dry firing-?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Not 100% sure, I only know as I did this on my very first Glock and the Glock Armorer told me not to snap it when apart. How it doesn't occur when dry firing-?
    Forgive me, but you are certain it was not the firing pin sleeve that was damaged? This part?

Every other reference to channel liner replacement I can find involves slide refinishing or aftermarket slides. With 17K listing this as one of "the most replaced parts" I have to at least wonder if we are actually talking about the same thing.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    hey--you know, it's been so long, yes it was the sleeve. my error.

Forgive me, but you are certain it was not the firing pin sleeve that was damaged? This part?

Every other reference to channel liner replacement I can find involves slide refinishing or aftermarket slides. With 17K listing this as one of "the most replaced parts" I have to at least wonder if we are actually talking about the same thing.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thank you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast