Thread: Suppressor issue

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Suppressor issue

I have a 10.5 inch .223 pistol, I have mounted a YHM 30 cal Resonator suppressor on it. It does not work with the can on it, I get 1 to 4 rounds and then a ftf. I am running an H3 buffer. When I get a FTF the bolt is missing the rim and catching the round behind the shoulder. I have tried an H2 buffer and I get gas blowback and one round and click. Any ideas? The gun works perfect without suppressor.
    Last edited by BGREID; 07-10-21 at 15:40.
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    What barrel and what action spring is in use?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is a 10.5 FN barrel, not sure what spring.
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    Sounds like bolt is running too fast with the can. I had the same issue with a SBR in 6.8, bootleg adjustable carrier fixed it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds like it is over gassed. An adjustable gas block should help or maybe try a heavy buffer (5-8oz). If it is going to be used suppressed only I’d go for the adjustable gas’s block so you can dial it in for best performance.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I agree that it sounds over gassed. An adjustable gas block would work but I'd be inclined to go the easier/less expensive route of a BRT gas tube first.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGREID View Post
    It is a 10.5 FN barrel, not sure what spring.
    when you say “FN”, do you mean bought from FN, or one made for another company, such as PSA? If you don’t know what spring, is it fair to assume that it is a “normal” strength spring? What mags? What ammo?

I agree that it sounds like it is outrunning the mag spring due to overgassing with the can. BRT EZ Tune is what I would go with if we decide that it needs choked down.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Sounds overgassed. I would suggest a brt gas tube for mixed use.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    I agree that it sounds over gassed. An adjustable gas block would work but I'd be inclined to go the easier/less expensive route of a BRT gas tube first.
    This is the way. Go with the BRT gas tube and call it good.