Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Taran Tactical Mag Extenders Reliable?

Feedback Score

Are Taran Tactical Mag Extenders Reliable?

My favorite pistol (for today at least) is a G45 that I run 19x magazines in exclusively. I like the looks of the Taren Tactical extenders. It's a 100pct looks thing. Even if it is a toy addition, I can't truck with an accessory that takes away from function or is unreliable. The whole weird gun bunny thing isn't even on my mind. I can get one from Esoteric or one of the other distributors, but they're still the same Taran product. Do any of you all use and trust them?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven’t tried them on my Glocks, but they make my M&P auto-forward. I’m fine with that for training and general range use, but I don’t use them for concealed carry.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ive got them on some factory Glock 9mm & .45ACP mags...I like them, theyve been reliable and I cant point to any problems Ive had out of them, some Ive used for many years now.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    I may get one just to try before I carry it then. I just hated to spend the money on something that didn't do anything better than what I have if it wasn't going to work. Like I said, it's just a looks thing.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I know of far too many taran Glock extendos that have disassembled of their own accord to trust them.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I know of far too many taran Glock extendos that have disassembled of their own accord to trust them.
    That's...not a glowing review.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I haven’t tried them on my Glocks, but they make my M&P auto-forward. I’m fine with that for training and general range use, but I don’t use them for concealed carry.
    What does "auto-forward" mean and why is it bad for CC?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    When shot to slide lock and reload mag slammed into pistol- slide automatically goes forward into battery, without using slide stop/release.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have 3 for my FS M&P, and 3 for my wife's 34. I, my wife, and son have put thousands of rounds through both and never had a problem at all. I know others with many rounds through theirs with no problems. This is the first time I've heard of them auto disassembling. Mine on the M&P have been dropped to the ground probably in the hundreds of times also.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    What does "auto-forward" mean and why is it bad for CC?
    I have no idea why mag extensions would cause auto-forwarding, doesn't do it on my M&P in over 20k rounds. No idea on the CC issue either, but maybe we'll find out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast