Thread: A Pleasant NV Monocular Surprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

A Pleasant NV Monocular Surprise

Awhile back I was in a pawn shop here in town and saw a NV Monocular. I see quite a few but most are cheap junk. This one however, was an ITT Litton "Enforcer" 160. They were asking $399 for it. I didn't know anything about it but I know the shop employees really well and asked if they would let me try it out in the employee rest room- someplace I could shut the door and black out etc....They said sure.

Unit had no batteries in it- takes 2 AAA's so they found a pack and gave me a minute in the back. Holy Crap! The tube on this thing is INCREDIBLE! I couldn't find a blemish on it anywhere, crystal clear and sharp. Unit has front and rear focus and one button that turns it on or off, no gain control....very simple. I paid the $400 and out the door I went.

Since then I've had a chance to test it out and research it a bit. From what I can tell, it was made in 2002/2003. The tube, again is excellent, it compares very well with my TNVC PVS 14 in terms of image quality.....It's just hard to believe a tube that old is so clear and bright etc...With only the one on/off button and it's just a push style I decided to "shield" the unit a bit by finding a Butler Creek scope cap for the front lens- just in case it would somehow get turned on. I was able to find one in my junk pile that went on fairly tight.

There is a threaded hole above the rear lens- a J arm screw threads in fine but no way to really use it as the angle is wrong/out of position for any sort of helmet...... I'm going to try to find some kind of split ring bolt combination that will fit it so I can at least put a lanyard on it....maybe something like the Norotos shroud tether anchor....

While there may not be any bargains in new night vision optics, I'm pretty happy with this find, it will be a good addition to the collection.
    Last edited by Esq.; 08-19-21 at 17:07.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ha Ha! Better to be lucky than good sometimes!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Should do the trick. Not the most Tacticool but it will work.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.