Thread: 17 Design Billet Lower Receiver

Feedback Score

17 Design Billet Lower Receiver

I read reviews on it and bought one when the price dropped from $129 to $65 about two weeks ago. I am pleasantly surprised to say that it is a very well made billet lower that functions very well. Some negative feedback on this lower was that the mag well was tight, especially for pmags. I can say metal mags and Pmags worked great in the lower that I got. Went in smooth and dropped out without obstruction when the mag release is pushed.

Primary Arms still have them on sale for $70.99 a piece. If you are looking for an affordable billet lower, this is a pretty good one, especially for the price.

https://www.primaryarms.com/17-desig...ceiver-black_2

Feedback Score
    I’ve been eying these. Thanks for the good review. I might end up ordering one or two.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you like the design, it is a great price. Looks are subjective, but I don't think its bad looking at all, and its a nice change for people who want something a bit different.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    17 Design also has a billet lower with an integrated folding mechanism. Primary Arms had it for $200 but it's now out of stock. That could be a great value compared to the Law Tactical offering if the quality proves acceptable.

Feedback Score
    I had one they warrantied that would have the take down pins almost siezed, however they contacted me saying it was a part of a bad run of lowers. The replacement is smooth, and they sent a billet upper as a compensatory measure, I like the looks, haven't put it together with anything yet but matches well to the lower. I say they're well worth it, magwell is tight, pmag barely drops free. And one 20rd mag I have has to be yanked out, but colt, brownells, and okay mags seem to be a-ok.

Feedback Score
    I bought 3 of the 17 Designed forged uppers from Primary Arms. They look good, but the color of the anodizing is odd. Rather than being black, it's more of a German grey, dark grey with a hint of blue. It doesn't even come close to matching any rifles or lowers that I have. Primary Arms does have the forged lowers for $40 each. I'd go ahead and buy them, but while I'd like to assume the color will match the uppers, I won't. So, what was the color of the receivers you purchased?