Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zero with which HD round?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    I say zero with what you have most of, and learn your dope for other loads (as in confirm at various distances, not just calculate/estimate). For me, that's my 62gr FMJ load, I call it "Load#1".

And this middle of the road approach has my 55gr SP load a bit high, and my 75 and 77gr OTM loads a bit low, at distance. Which I like.

50 yd zero for me, with RDS or irons, 100yd zero for magnified optics.
    This.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’d zero both with the 70. Heavier rounds seem to be less velocity dependent and perform better than lighter ones out of short barrels.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I zero with my hd ammo. 62 grain hornady black. At a dollar a round it hurt the ol pocket book. But luckily it didnt take long. Everything else is just mix match 55 grain ammo.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Non-LE folks would have trouble justifying an engagement across a mega-store parking lot. In a WROL scenario - well, people are pretty big and being shot even 4 inches above or below center mass is bad news.

Andy
    Assuming they're upright.

If they're like anyone with half a brain, they'll be down on the ground or behind something if they're expecting a fight.

4" high on a head might just miss.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    Assuming they're upright.

If they're like anyone with half a brain, they'll be down on the ground or behind something if they're expecting a fight.

4" high on a head might just miss.
    This all day.

You have to think of center mass as center of visible. If that’s a head only, 4” high is an impact 2 shopping centers away.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123