Thread: MK18 Trade Opinions

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

MK18 Trade Opinions

I have an offer to trade my complete factory LMT 10.5 FSP upper for an MK18 (ish) upper. What are your thoughts....

It's a complete factory MK18 upper minus the RIS quad rail. It was replaced with a Geissele MK4 9.5.

I've always been intrigued by the MK18, but unsure if this trade would make sense.

Thoughts ? How's the value compare as well?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have both of those uppers but my MK18 still has the RIS II rail. How old is the MK18 upper? If it's pre 2017 with the .080" gas port, I would pass. If it has the .070" crane spec gas port, it would be a better option if you're gonna run suppressed.

The LMT 10.5 is not as overgassed as the old MK18s were, but it's still on the gassy side.

In this particular trade, I would pass though. I'm just not a fan of Geissele rails.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robstercraw View Post
    I have an offer to trade my complete factory LMT 10.5 FSP upper for an MK18 (ish) upper. What are your thoughts....

It's a complete factory MK18 upper minus the RIS quad rail. It was replaced with a Geissele MK4 9.5.

I've always been intrigued by the MK18, but unsure if this trade would make sense.

Thoughts ? How's the value compare as well?

Sounds pretty straight forward to me, either you want a FSB or you don't.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Like Sticman said, it really comes down to which one you like better. Both are well made uppers that have a long history of hard use.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"