Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Benelli M2 tactical

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Benelli M2 tactical

Currently have a 870 for HD. Decked out with mag extension, side saddle. Magpul furniture, light, etc... really been wanting a Benelli M2 tactical just because I love Benelli and like semi autos. Currently own 2 Benelli shotguns. SBE and Legacy. Dont have alot of rounds through the legacy but probably have 2000 plus rounds through SBE without a single hiccup of any kind whatsoever. So I'm thinking about selling the 870 and replacing with M2... any reason not too?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by coolcraigster; 07-15-21 at 14:37.

Feedback Score
    Nope, unless you want to use a pump versus Semi-auto. Benelli for the win.

Or get crazy and go Super Nova because of the superior slug select option Benelli options

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What about Beretta 1301 tactical vs Benelli M2? I know Beretta is gas and Benelli is inertia but other than that any reason to go with one over the other?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    What about Beretta 1301 tactical vs Benelli M2? I know Beretta is gas and Benelli is inertia but other than that any reason to go with one over the other?

1301 is hard to beat for the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_d_33 View Post
    1301 is hard to beat for the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would you take the 1301 over the M2 if price was not a factor?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

The aftermarket for the 1301 is far better than Benelli. The Benelli Inertia is a b*tch compared to the 1301 especially if not using low-recoil ammo. The comfortech and low-recoil ammo make a pretty manageable combo in the Benelli, but the cost of the Comfortech is stupid.

Personally, I think the Benelli construction is a higher quality (didn't care for the chatter marks and paper thin aluminum mag tube on the Beretta), and I greatly prefer the manual of arms on the Benelli over the Beretta. Either way the LPA ghost ring that come on both the Benelli and Beretta models are junk. It should also be of note that the rifle-sighted Benelli Tac 2 receiver is NOT drilled and tapped like the ghost ring model.

I've had every "M" series of Benelli going back to HK-marked M1S90's and used both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Beretta.

IF you want to kit out a semi auto like the above 870...Beretta 1301
    IF you just want a decent shotgun and don't care about all the tactical adornment (because Benelli sure doesn't) and you like Benelli's...then Benelli.
    All this being said, my "bump in the night" long gun has always been an 870P...
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 07-16-21 at 12:55.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Maybe leaning towards 1301 now...

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Maybe leaning towards 1301 now...

I'd say just buy it direct and set up from Langdon (LTT). That's probably the best representation of a fighting shotgun as one can get today...IF one is looking for such an animal (it isn't for everyone).

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have used the both the M2 and the 1301 and liked the 1301 way more than the Benelli. It balanced better, shot softer and didn't want to cut my thumb off when reloading.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    I'd say just buy it direct and set up from Langdon (LTT). That's probably the best representation of a fighting shotgun as one can get today...IF one is looking for such an animal (it isn't for everyone).
    The LTT is amazing. The price point is painful, but the actual markup for the items included is minimal.
    I was doubtful until I held that Magpul stock… Goodness, the shotgun is an ergonomic masterpiece.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast