Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Centurion, BCM, or Sionics

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I love that lower. So hard to find in stock though
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I love that lower. So hard to find in stock though
    You have to put yourself the "Email when in Stock List" then make like a frog and jump on it when you get the notification, I got mine from PA.

https://www.primaryarms.com/sons-of-...llious-stripes

or

https://www.bigtexordnance.com/produ...rty-gun-works/

A while back SOLGW had a contract over-run and I scored a great deal on one of their 18" SPR uppers (which also the Rebellious Stripes) so I had to buy the matching lower.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 07-20-21 at 18:32.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    It’s never in stock. That’s the one SOLGW roll mark I like.

Feedback Score
    Own all 3. No wrong answer. Centurion has a special place with me, being the barrel and gas block is bomb proof. They went above and beyond for me to get one of their pistols before they were in their catalog.

Sionics was just as good of an experience. I beat the snot out of it and don’t feel one bit bad about it.

BCM is BCM, you can get pretty much whatever you want.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Centurion SOCOM HF barrel that is great, accurate and reeks of quality. Also a BCM BCG, which works as it should, hate the billboard graphics and a BCM upper that was a blemished unit. It had to be heated to expand enough to fit the barrel. No experience with Sionics.

Centurion has excellent customer service, above and beyond..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    My son wants to get a "nice" 16" AR for basically general purposes. Which would you choose between a BCM REECE-16 MCMR, Centurion CM4, or a Sionics Patrol Rifle 3?

Is there really a practical difference between them? They all seem like winners to me.

Thanks
    Andy

+1 for sionics. if there is one thing that makes them great, its the way Will taught them how to build rifles. thier assemblers are top notch. staking in all the right places and torquing to all the right ibs.
    Last edited by bobbytucson; 07-29-21 at 21:55.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I own all three. Everything I buy is Centurion now, for two reasons: The owner was directly involved in the evolution of the AR platform throughout the GWOT to what we commonly use today. IMO, his depth of knowledge around optimizing the AR is at the highest level. Secondly the CS is amazing – I've had very pleasant communications with them, once having to deal with an incorrect configuration, several times trying source parts… just fantastic, positive customer service.

I have an older Sionics (2013) with the NP3 BCG, CMC trigger, and medium contour 1:8 barrel. That rifle is well-balanced and very accurate – I'm not a great shot, but I can fairly easily get 1-hole groups from non-magnified optics firing from the prone position at 50m. Not familiar with their newer stuff, I don't know that I would go crazy trying to source the NP3 stuff but it is by far the smoothest feeling action of any of my ARs.

BCM has been instrumental in changing the perception of the AR to be seen as a highly robust, reasonably priced weapon system. I wouldn't want to knock them, my experiences with their products had been just fine, but some of the rumblings I've heard lately regarding CS and accuracy would likely keep me away from buying a rifle or upper from them.

With Centurion out there I don't know why I would veer away towards BCM (or SOLGW) as they don't offer anything over CA, which is just a complete class act.
    Last edited by jc000; 07-30-21 at 05:48.

Feedback Score
    My PD has had about 30 Sionics PR3s for more than 5 years. We have reduced size gas ports and they are full time suppressed 11.5”. They are accurate and trouble free. We’ve tried other brands and came back to Sionics.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've had all three in some form or another, and both of my rifles at this point are *mostly* Centurion. Barrels, handguards, receivers, BCGs, and FCGs are all Centurion. Everything else on them is a mix of KAC, Vltor, and whatever grip, stock, triggerguard, etc felt good at the time they were built. This thread's pretty well hashed out at this point and I think regardless of what your son goes with he's going to be very well pleased. If it were me, personally, Centurion or Sionics would get my nod.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    We have several BCM's at work but I personally would go with the CMR as I'm a big fan of their barrels and C4 rail. I wouldn't turn my nose up at any of them, tho. I've no experience with Sionics complete rifles, but their barrels, BCG's and LPK's are excellent.
    Yea pretty much this for me as well. Have a bunch of experience with BCM but my centurion arms stuff is more accurate and I like their rails better. I don't have the experience with sionics other than parts which I've been happy with.

Honestly I think your son OP would be happy with one from any of them.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast