Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion, BCM, or Sionics

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Centurion, BCM, or Sionics

My son wants to get a "nice" 16" AR for basically general purposes. Which would you choose between a BCM REECE-16 MCMR, Centurion CM4, or a Sionics Patrol Rifle 3?

Is there really a practical difference between them? They all seem like winners to me.

Thanks
    Andy

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    They are all winners IMO.
    I have all three, but I believe the Centurion is the favorite, purely subjective and based on their rail.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    All 3 are solid rifles with solid support. Pick whichever one makes you feel tingly and drive on. If it were me I'd flip a coin on the CM4 or the Sionics, but only cause BCMs are growing in a little thick in my safe.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    We have several BCM's at work but I personally would go with the CMR as I'm a big fan of their barrels and C4 rail. I wouldn't turn my nose up at any of them, tho. I've no experience with Sionics complete rifles, but their barrels, BCG's and LPK's are excellent.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think, quality wise, they’re all equal. It comes down to preferences between the barrels and handguards.

I only have experience with the BCM and Centurion Arms, but they are markedly different. I think BCM is most well-know for their “enhanced” lightweight profile barrels but the RECCE, if I remember correctly, has a government profile. Centurion Arms barrels are touted to be phenomenally accurate and I have a medium profile which can’t dispute that but it’s much heavier than the BCM. Centurion pins their gas block and BCM uses setscrews that won’t come out without magic spells.

The BCM and Centurion handguards also have different philosophies. BCM MCMR is thin and light with an octagonal profile and MLOK on seven sides. The CMR is slightly thicker with MLOK on three sides and has built-in QDs with a roundish profile.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    No experience with Sionics.

Was once a BCM fan, and still own some of their stuff, but have had some quality issues as of late. One of then being BCG gas key related. BCM took care of it.

BCM isn't know for the best accuracy although one barrel I have from them shoots exceptionally well and I have never really put any time to get groups with the other. I really like the MCMR rail.

I feel the BCG and the barrel are the heart of a good working carbine. My next purchase will be a Centurion barrel and BCG, and will put a BCM MCMR on it.

Feedback Score
    Between those three: pick the one with the rail you like best and drive on, IMO.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I've found Sionics barrels to be very accurate, and I like their LW 16" barrels. Personally, unless I was dead set on a BCM rail, I'd go Sionics or Centurion. I know a half dozen guys with Sionics barrels and they've all been happy with the accuracy. I can't say that about BCM barrels, though the one Centurion barrel I've seen in person is also pretty accurate.

Edited to add: Sionics LPKs have long been my go-to. I also like being able to call and either have the phone answered or get a call back.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 07-15-21 at 18:53. Reason: Added info.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When I purchased my Sionics Patrol 3 XL, they were using Centurian rails. It has the lightweight barrel. I love it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I've got all three, you can not lose any way you go. If I had to pick one, maybe a slight nod to Centurion for the pinned gas block and I do like their rail, a lot. My SIONICS are older, one with an FSB 16" tube which I just changed over to Magpul SL furniture and the Patrol 3XL I've got was from back when they used Centurion rails. I do like the BCM rail though also. I have one BCM 14.5 ELW with their 13" MCMR. My other BCM 14.5 has an FSB which I just cut of the delta ring and front hand guard cap to install Centurion C4 FSP mid-length. The other is a Cloud Defensive COR, which is basically a modified BCM.

Like I said, can't lose any way you go. I would not hesitate to add SOLGW to the mix, it is my only non chrome lined barrel, but it is an SPR so that is OK with me. Add Colt and I've just named the five AR makers in my stable. They are all contenders in my book.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 07-15-21 at 19:23.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast