Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion, BCM, or Sionics

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Centurion, BCM, or Sionics

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    My son is overseas so there is no huge rush. I will buy it and sell it to him when he returns.

Not a straw purchase, all laws followed etc, ATF guy

He wants to get ahead of a future AWB II, and not wait for months after he returns stateside.

I personally would buy a Sionics Patrol Rifle 3 with a medium contour barrel and two stage trigger, but its not my rifle.

Andy
    Rails and things like that are personal, but can always be changed later on if he decides to.
    Obviously, discuss it with him, but I’m sure he will be ok with your decision.
    Last edited by 202; 07-16-21 at 08:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I say SIONICS all day unless you you prefer a different rail. Quality should be excellent on all 3, but the SIONICS comes with MBUS Pro sights, NP3 trigger (the two I've fired extensively are excellent), NP3 BCG, Sprinco buffer and extractor springs, QD endplate, and a Raptor CH. All of those options (or equivalents) are extra on the other rifles (except for the PNT trigger and QD endplate on the BCM).

That said, I love my RECCE16, but mostly because of the handling of the ELW barrel and stoopid light KMR. I've heard that not all BCMs shoot well, but mine is 1 to 1.5 MOA with good ammo FWIW.

There's also SOLGW M4-EXO rifles in that price range.

ETA: I've never experienced better customer service than Centurion Arms. I've dealt with them twice and both times they've been nothing short of amazing. The more recent time was when I stripped a screw on my C4-MLOK and couldn't remove the rail. Corrie had me send the upper in, and in no time at all the upper was back to me with a brand new rail installed.
    Last edited by MWAG19919; 07-16-21 at 09:07.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I truly appreciate everyone's taking the time to reply. You are all bringing up excellent considerations.

The only non-mixmaster ARs I own are an LMT SPM 14 and a 16" PSA Freedom, so feedback from users that own guns from the three companies is huge.

I also want to thank everyone for avoiding "fanboy/chevy vs ford" debates.

Andy

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The other question is availability. I’m assuming you don’t want to wait too long.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    The other question is availability. I’m assuming you don’t want to wait too long.
    That is certainly a consideration, and Sioics will let you order with a delivery later in the year. If he decides on a Centurion or BCM, I will be reaching out to them and some vendors.

Andy

P.S. My son just sent us pics - got pinned to SPC (E4) today.

Feedback Score
    That is certainly a consideration, and Sioics will let you order with a delivery later in the year. If he decides on a Centurion or BCM, I will be reaching out to them and some vendors.

Andy

Congratulations to your son, blessings sent.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Andy

Congratulations!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    By the way, here are some discount codes for Centurion Arms.

Rifles: SASRIFLE for 3% off
    Uppers/Lowers: SASUPPLWR for 5% off
    Other/Misc: SAS10 for 10% off

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)

Andy

Awesome! Hope he enjoys the mafia!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    One of my BCMs is BHF and all my SIONICS are chrome-lined. YMMV
    I'm not sure when Sionics switched to the nitrided barrels, I do remember them having chrome-lined. Just something to notice, along with the fact that their barrel is 1/8 twist, while CA and BCM are both 1/7. The BCM can be had in BFH if one finds such a model, but that standard RECCE-16 does not come in BFH (otherwise it would be the RECCE-16 BFH model... very logical). One could also possibly get the MK2 upper with the BCM, if one decides to get a RECCE-16 MK2 instead.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 07-16-21 at 10:55.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast