Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion, BCM, or Sionics

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I'm not sure when Sionics switched to the nitrided barrels, I do remember them having chrome-lined. Just something to notice, along with the fact that their barrel is 1/8 twist, while CA and BCM are both 1/7. The BCM can be had in BFH if one finds such a model, but that standard RECCE-16 does not come in BFH (otherwise it would be the RECCE-16 BFH model... very logical). One could also possibly get the MK2 upper with the BCM, if one decides to get a RECCE-16 MK2 instead.
    I don't see 1/8 twist as detrimental. Note that Criterion's excellent Core barrels are also 1/8 twist. Concerning CL vs nitride, I prefer CL but I'm not sure how much it really matters.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    The other question is availability. I’m assuming you don’t want to wait too long.
    +1, get what ever is available between the three or other well reviewed rifles here. I wasted months earlier in the year trying to get my "want" while other perfectly good well reviewed options were plentiful sitting in plain site. Availability is cyclical, but there are AR's a plenty in all the LGS around me.

Feedback Score

Go for it

[QUOTE=AndyLate;2963133]My son wants to get a "nice" 16" AR for basically general purposes. Which would you choose between a BCM REECE-16 MCMR, Centurion CM4, or a Sionics Patrol Rifle 3?

All 3 seem fine I own 2 of them BCM and Centurion both of these have seen alot of rds and have never had any problems

Feedback Score
    If your ideal of all around is a lightweight 16 in gun then BCM ELW/F and MCMR.

If it is more Recce, then Centurion.

That seems to play to the strengths of each company.

No bad choices. I can’t speak to Scionics, yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmorris View Post
    If your ideal of all around is a lightweight 16 in gun then BCM ELW/F and MCMR.

If it is more Recce, then Centurion.

That seems to play to the strengths of each company.

No bad choices. I can’t speak to Scionics, yet.
    If you are really wanting a light weight gun in 16" start look for Knight's Armament SR15 it will cost more but one amazing gun but back to your other two gun both are outstanding as far as weight of gun look every thing over and pick based on what you need. Think of options like lights, red dots,lasers, sights, slings all of these thing add weight. So in the end if your around 7.5 lbs you will be happy. so know that all 4 gun are on table and you have heard for some really good people all you need to do is look over their commits and add up the score and which ever one come out on top with no malfunction pull the trigger and buy it. hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    That is certainly a consideration, and Sioics will let you order with a delivery later in the year. If he decides on a Centurion or BCM, I will be reaching out to them and some vendors.

Andy

P.S. My son just sent us pics - got pinned to SPC (E4) today.
    That is awesome! Congratulations to your Son, and also Congratulations Mama and Dad! I know y'all are proud. 👍
    Last edited by Spooky1; 07-16-21 at 19:25.

Feedback Score
    I have multiple BCM's and Sionics. I have ELW BCM's and the LW barrel Sionics. They are great choices. I can't comment on Centurion. I have done some comparison posts in the past. In my experience I see it as follows: Scale 1-5 with 5 being best;
    Reliability: Sionics 5, BCM 5
    Customer service: Sionics 5 plus, BCM 4
    options and choices: Sionics 4, BCM 5plus
    Accuracy: Sionics 5, BCM 4.5

YMMV,

Regards, Steve

Feedback Score
    I really think all three rifles between Centurion, Sionics, and BCM are functionally equivalent and largely boils down to personal preference. Yes, the Centurion and some BCMs have CHF barrels but from my experience, I haven't found much of a difference between quality button rifled and CHF barrels in day to day shooting.

Feedback Score
    SOLGW checks all the boxes and then some by sticking to a known formula that checks all the boxes and has the data to support it. This applies to each/every individual component as well as the assembly.

They are the most transparent. Every spec, why, and where they source there stuff is available.

Best warranty. They will fix or replace even if you screw it up. They will replace your barrel if you shoot it out. They replace your carbine if its take for evidence after a justified use civilian and LE.

They are fully customizable at time of purchase so you can get exactly what you want.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    SOLGW checks all the boxes and then some by sticking to a known formula that checks all the boxes and has the data to support it. This applies to each/every individual component as well as the assembly.

They are the most transparent. Every spec, why, and where they source there stuff is available.

Best warranty. They will fix or replace even if you screw it up. They will replace your barrel if you shoot it out. They replace your carbine if its take for evidence after a justified use civilian and LE.

They are fully customizable at time of purchase so you can get exactly what you want.
    Yours is at least the second (and most emphatic) SOLGW recommendation. I will send a link to my son. He is also well aware of Colt's offerings, too.

Adding valid options doesn't make the trade study easier, y'all

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-18-21 at 07:22.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast