Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion, BCM, or Sionics

Feedback Score
    SOLGW has taken the LE6920 as a template and added legit enhancements. Below are just a few;

Upper/lower- Tighter fitment plus Non-Reflective, NiAc Seal in addition to the milspec ano
    V2 Gas Block- Tighter tolerance for better seal at the gas block journal
    Sprinco springs- (action spring, ejector, extractor)
    A5 Buffer System
    Liberty Fighting Trigger- consistent 5.5 lbs trigger with full power hammer spring

Additionally the SOLGW Armorers courses are fantastic!

Each of the manufactures discussed have their strengths and are GTG. SOLGW leads the pack though IMO
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The thing that gives me reservations about SOLGW is that they use Ballistic Advantage barrels. I've personally seen a QC issue with a BA barrel and have read of several others.

The barrel & BCG is the heart of an AR, and if a manufacturer considers their product to be premium, then they should use premium barrels and bolt carrier groups.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Perhaps they do their own QC on the Ballistic Advantage barrels they receive?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    The thing that gives me reservations about SOLGW is that they use Ballistic Advantage barrels. I've personally seen a QC issue with a BA barrel and have read of several others.

The barrel & BCG is the heart of an AR, and if a manufacturer considers their product to be premium, then they should use premium barrels and bolt carrier groups.
    While this is true that they use BA barrels, they are built to SOLGW's specs and QA/QC'd by SOLGW in house.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post

SOLGW rifles are duty grade.

As for the barrels they are made to SOLGW specs and if you shoot one out it is replaced.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Sons of Liberty Gun Works makes nice guns by all accounts, but their logistical side of things can be... interesting, at least in the past. Friends of friends have gotten guns shipped directly to their doorsteps or had 14.5" rifles sent to FFLs without the muzzle devices pinned & welded. Their comms also seem to be quite hit and miss; I know of several folks who could not raise them at all (using both phone and email, IIRC), and had to complain on Facebook, upon which one of the head guys personally contacted them and made things right, which is nice, but not really a good way to run a business. I would never steer anyone away from SoLGW, but these issues are something to be a bit mindful of.

A few other reputable premium choices to look at IMO are LMT, Daniel Defense, and FN.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 07-19-21 at 12:39.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I'm not sure when Sionics switched to the nitrided barrels, I do remember them having chrome-lined. Just something to notice, along with the fact that their barrel is 1/8 twist, while CA and BCM are both 1/7. The BCM can be had in BFH if one finds such a model, but that standard RECCE-16 does not come in BFH (otherwise it would be the RECCE-16 BFH model... very logical). One could also possibly get the MK2 upper with the BCM, if one decides to get a RECCE-16 MK2 instead.
    They are listing nitride now for the barrels on their website. I am guessing this is due to availability

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I carried BCM at work for years, in the last few years I've not been happy with responsiveness to myself and friends.

Centurion is primo to me, great customer service and great products. Being a dirt Sailor I lke supporting one.

I bought 40 Sionics last year for my agency and haven't heard one single complaint. I had Bushy's, a few Colts, and RRA. The SWAT guys put lots of rounds through thiers and I still have't heard one complaint.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    While this is true that they use BA barrels, they are built to SOLGW's specs and QA/QC'd by SOLGW in house.
    That's good to hear😎
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I have a BCM upper/BCG that has always run.
    I have Centurion receivers and handguards.
    I have Sionics parts.
    I have a SOLGW barrel and parts.

All are well-regarded. If purchasing a complete rifle, I would make the choice based on the barrel profile/length and price. Centurion would get my money most likely, their being in Indiana is a bonus.

Separate from that, I wouldn’t purchase any but BCM and assume the company will exist to support the product in 10 years. Just the reality of smaller businesses. This isn’t meant to detract from Monty/Corrie at all, they have been awesome, and SOLGW is well known for their transparency (and…struggling business processes).

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast