Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Centurion, BCM, or Sionics

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    SOLGW rifles are duty grade.

As for the barrels they are made to SOLGW specs and if you shoot one out it is replaced.
    I wonder how is the barrel life is on the QPQ vs CHF chrome lined barrels? That’s really the only thing that might give me pause.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I have a BCM upper/BCG that has always run.
    I have Centurion receivers and handguards.
    I have Sionics parts.
    I have a SOLGW barrel and parts.

All are well-regarded. If purchasing a complete rifle, I would make the choice based on the barrel profile/length and price. Centurion would get my money most likely, their being in Indiana is a bonus.

Separate from that, I wouldn’t purchase any but BCM and assume the company will exist to support the product in 10 years. Just the reality of smaller businesses. This isn’t meant to detract from Monty/Corrie at all, they have been awesome, and SOLGW is well known for their transparency (and…struggling business processes).
    I would buy a cold hammer forged mid length Centurion barrel right now if I could ever find one in stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm1990 View Post
    I wonder how is the barrel life is on the QPQ vs CHF chrome lined barrels? That’s really the only thing that might give me pause.
    One of the unique things about SOLGW is they do some of their own destructive testing.

The QPQ vs CHF chrome was inconclusive.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    One of the unique things about SOLGW is they do some of their own destructive testing.

The QPQ vs CHF chrome was inconclusive.
    When it comes to long term testing pre-release of a product, thats absolutely true as well as BCM, LMT, ect. Cant say that for my former employer.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Customer service is an interesting thing, but I've had great experiences with both Sionics and BCMs CS.

I had a Sionics Patrol 3E that showed up and at my first range trip it wouldn't make it more than a couple of rounds before failing to chamber a round. I called up the guys at Sionics and they had me send it back. I don't actually know what the issue was but they fixed it and sent it back quickly and I had no other problems after that.

I know Steve-O- was there at the time because we talked on the phone a bunch about that rifle. Steve, do you happen to remember what the issue was? Later you guys swapped the med-con barrel for a LW for me.

I've seen a few posts about bad BCM customer service but I've had stellar experience with them the last couple years. I had a lower show up with a sticking bolt catch and they took it in, fixed it, and sent it back to me in a couple days. I think I bought that lower from PA, and I didn't have to pay BCM a thing to fix it. They've changed orders for me and things like that. Yeah it's all over email but I understand why they do that.

I'm 100% BCM anymore simply because they always seem to have most everything in stock and are a bigger operation than the others mentioned. Plus I think they just make better looking/feeling guns.

I gave both my young sons BCM 16" ELWs with BCM branded D&H mags and BCM branded Troy sights. It'll probably be cool to have everything matching in 10 years.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Every Sionics part I’ve used has been top notch.

Centurion Arms has amazing customer service.

SOLGW has ugly roll marks, but otherwise solid products.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post
    When it comes to long term testing pre-release of a product, thats absolutely true as well as BCM, LMT, ect. Cant say that for my former employer.
    You have no idea how much stress this caused me until I realized Sionics is NOT your former employer, lol

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    You have no idea how much stress this caused me until I realized Sionics is NOT your former employer, lol

Andy
    I know Steve *did* work at Sionics. What are you referring to?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I know Steve *did* work at Sionics. What are you referring to?
    I took Steve's post to mean a former employer did not perform long term testing prior to release of a product. My concern was based on whether or not he was referring to Sionics, whom I consider "good to go".

Andy

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    SOLGW has ugly roll marks, but otherwise solid products.
    What is wrong with this one?
    https://sonsoflibertygw.com/shop/reb...ipes-stripped/
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast