Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First women completes Navy special warfare training

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

First women completes Navy special warfare training

To become SWCC :

WASHINGTON (AP) — For the first time, a female sailor has successfully completed the grueling 37-week training course to become a Naval Special Warfare combatant-craft crewman — the boat operators who transport Navy SEALs and conduct their own classified missions at sea.

Navy officials said they would not identify the woman or provide more details on her — a routine military policy for special operations forces. She was one of 17 sailors to graduate and receive their pins on Thursday. She is also the first of 18 women who have tried out for a job as a SWCC or a SEAL to succeed.

The sailor’s graduation marks just the latest inroad that women have made into some of the military’s most difficult and competitive commando jobs — just five years after all combat posts were opened to them. She will now head to one of Naval Special Warfare’s three special boat teams.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...fare-training/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Way to go, GI Jane!
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    For those not in-the-know, SWCC candidates attends the same pre-BUDS and prep as their SEAL wannabe candidates, as well as BUDS first phase. Then the paths diverge. When she was in first phase I talked with an acquaintance at SBT 12, he pretty much kept his mouth shut but had said word was "she was doing OK." When he told me she was going to graduate, he said she's the real deal, a fish in the water, a marathon-quality runner, and technically skilled. But also admitted it may be an uphill battle with the NSW culture. His final grade was "we'll see...."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    For those not in-the-know, SWCC candidates attends the same pre-BUDS and prep as their SEAL wannabe candidates, as well as BUDS first phase. Then the paths diverge. When she was in first phase I talked with an acquaintance at SBT 12, he pretty much kept his mouth shut but had said word was "she was doing OK." When he told me she was going to graduate, he said she's the real deal, a fish in the water, a marathon-quality runner, and technically skilled. But also admitted it may be an uphill battle with the NSW culture. His final grade was "we'll see...."
    So in Phase I of BUDS is where they have Hell Week?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    So in Phase I of BUDS is where they have Hell Week?
    The week after Phase 1. SEAL candidates have hell week, SWCC has a hell-week-like event that lasts 72 hours. I am not sure if SWCC's event runs parallel to hell week or at a different time.

Feedback Score
    The week after Phase 1. SEAL candidates have hell week, SWCC has a hell-week-like event that lasts 72 hours. I am not sure if SWCC's event runs parallel to hell week or at a different time.
    Okay so not quite what an actual SEAL or UDT guy goes through. Impressive nonetheless, but not SEAL-ish.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Okay so not quite what an actual SEAL or UDT guy goes through. Impressive nonetheless, but not SEAL-ish.
    The SWCC path has a lower drop out rate, so while no doubt tough, not UDT/SEAL level tough apparently if drop out rates used as the indicator.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Not sure that hell week should be used as a metric.
    Dropout rate for SWCC is still around 70%.

Different mission set, different requirements. They don't do the diving, but pretty much the rest of the pool work and PT is the same. When SEAL candidates go to dive phase and land warfare, these guys go into boat stuff.
    Last edited by chuckman; 07-16-21 at 11:08.

Feedback Score
    Not sure that hell week should be used as a metric.
    Dropout rate for SWCC is still around 70%.

Different mission set, different requirements. They don't do the diving, but pretty much the rest of the pool work and PT is the same. When SEAL candidates go to dive phase and land warfare, these guys go into boat stuff.
    Look, don't get me wrong, I'm not dogging on her accomplishments BUT.....25% of SEAL candidates pass Hell Week (the SEAL Hell Week). That means 3 out of 4 who made it through Phase I (which is no doubt grueling) go no further. So to me Hell Week (on the SEAL/UDT side) seems like a good yardstick to compare.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Special Boats are serious operators. Like chuckman says, different mission, different skills but the pistol and cutlass rates as much respect as the trident.

They exist to serve the needs of NSW in a support and rescue capacity. We ain't talking about Gilligan with a gun here. Boats are experts in deploying their craft, infil, exfil, fire support, fire missions, rescue, medevac, ...

Bad ass boaties. If she can hold her own with a team then more power to her. Even if she can't she has my respect for making it this far.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast