Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First women completes Navy special warfare training

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    War is complicated and dangerous , why make it more so it will only get people killed needlessly !
    Diversity is our strength.

11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Woman, singular.
    Now find one that will do it for 20 years without having others carry her weight. It may be possible, but I can't say it from personal experience.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    They did in Iraq.

They get sublet to three letter agencies pretty often. They are not considered taxi drivers, they are their own operators. But some people consider them taxi drivers and that's about it.

I've never heard of it happening, not even from team guys. Working with 3 letter agencies means nothing to me, its a bullet point on a performance report at best. You either directly engage bad guys and can confirm your damage/ kills or you can't.

I'm not going to say they aren't cool guys, nice guys, well trained guys, guys in great shape, or guys with lots of toys. However, a low speed infantry guy has a higher expectation over the last 20 years of giving hate to the enemy. For that matter, the MP units have done much more (though to be fair there are lots of MPs). USAF SERE is super well trained as well, but you don't hear anything about them actually riding into harms way on the birds to locate downed guys.

Anyone have any books to read or sources? TIA
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    The reason SWCC got started was because the SBU teams didn’t have any kind of selection process to get in. There ended up being a lot of your typical fleet guys that were not in the best of shape. They wanted to start jumping the boats in but were having trouble finding guys that could go to jump school and swim well enough to do a boat drop. So they started SWCC in early 2000s.

When we were in Somalia in the 90s we used the SBU quite a bit. The boat guys that were on the m60s told us they had only shot them one time like a year ago. We had to take them out to do drills with them to get them up to speed.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I've never heard of it happening, not even from team guys. Working with 3 letter agencies means nothing to me, its a bullet point on a performance report at best. You either directly engage bad guys and can confirm your damage/ kills or you can't.

I'm not going to say they aren't cool guys, nice guys, well trained guys, guys in great shape, or guys with lots of toys. However, a low speed infantry guy has a higher expectation over the last 20 years of giving hate to the enemy. For that matter, the MP units have done much more (though to be fair there are lots of MPs). USAF SERE is super well trained as well, but you don't hear anything about them actually riding into harms way on the birds to locate downed guys.

Anyone have any books to read or sources? TIA
    Battle of Umm Qasr. I thought it was pretty well documented.

Air Force sere aren't action guys, they are training guys.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperfrog View Post
    The reason SWCC got started was because the SBU teams didn’t have any kind of selection process to get in. There ended up being a lot of your typical fleet guys that were not in the best of shape. They wanted to start jumping the boats in but were having trouble finding guys that could go to jump school and swim well enough to do a boat drop. So they started SWCC in early 2000s.

When we were in Somalia in the 90s we used the SBU quite a bit. The boat guys that were on the m60s told us they had only shot them one time like a year ago. We had to take them out to do drills with them to get them up to speed.
    The reserve SBUs were horrible. Fat, lazy...

SWCC was the best thing that happened to that community. We had our own boat teams but trained with SWCC from time to time.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Now find one that will do it for 20 years without having others carry her weight. It may be possible, but I can't say it from personal experience.
    And not suffer injuries at a much higher rate than her male peers. Damned few things in a male-only military environment are designed to fall within lift and carry standards for women.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Battle of Umm Qasr. I thought it was pretty well documented.

Air Force sere aren't action guys, they are training guys.
    Maybe he meant SAR (Search and Rescue)?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    And not suffer injuries at a much higher rate than her male peers. Damned few things in a male-only military environment are designed to fall within lift and carry standards for women.

Andy
    I'm not a fan of women in special operations positions that are operational, or in combat MOS for that very reason. As hard as hell for a man over time, and we know that the chassis is built differently.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Diversity is our strength.

Diversity is SUPPOSED to be our strength. As in you don't care about who or what the person next to you is, because you watch each other's back and that's all that matters.

Of course "diversity" these days means tribalism and segregation.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast